How frequently do these occur? Mostly curious, wondering if there is a set cadence like for the product I work on. But also would like to know when some of the "nits" might get fixed like the Honda Sensing.
I had one update that installed via a USB stick. After that I received two notifications that there were other updates. I clicked appropriately, checked the HONDA owners site, and verified in the vehicle there are none to install. So I am confused are there updates or not?
I noticed mine popped up 2 days ago while sitting at a red light there was an update notification on the screen. I had forgotten about it by the time I got home till a few hours later. Went out and turned it it on in my garage and checked it and it said it was up to date. I did connect it to my home WiFi when I bought it and my phone is also plugged in for CarPlay when I’m in the vehicle. So I don’t know if it updated through my phone on my commute or possibly as I pulled back in at home. I also checked the Honda site and shows the last update was in August. So, I have no idea. My PP was built the end of September.
New update just today for 2019 PPs, older version was B.1.0.26 and newer is B.1.3.4
For Navigation equipped trims, after updating to Software Version B.1.3.4., the Home Address, Saved
destinations will be erased.
This software contains the following updates.
• MOTO g6 phone causes system to freeze when receiving an incoming call and the Touch Screen does
• Rear Camera response time is slow after shifting into Reverse during system boot up.
• Rear Camera does not display when shifting into Reverse.
• System does not shut down when the ignition is turned OFF and is accompanied by a pop sound and a
• System does not boot up and the display is stuck on the Honda logo.
• Display screen image is frozen and the Touch Screen does not respond.
• Call information is missing on meter and top bar of the display when using an iPhone with iOS13.
• Rear Camera split screen view is displayed when setting is set to full screen view.
• Clock flickers in the top right corner of the Rear Camera display screen over the parking sensor image
• Unfortunately, Sirius XM has stopped message shows during an in-vehicle network interruption.
• Incorrect distance to Point of Interest (POI) is displayed when using the voice recognition search method
there is no GPS signal reception.
• Boot up animation does not show during system start up.
• Disclaimer screen appears before the Anti-theft screen after the battery is disconnected and reconnected
• Factory Data Reset does not reset Rear Camera settings.
• Display and Rear Camera stay off during a quick ignition cycle.
• Parking guidelines will show when in split screen mode.
• Implemented LaneWatch camera system error message when a failure is detected.
Mine took longer in every way it seemed, but in the end it worked! Whew! As far as I can tell, it had already somehow downloaded the update and was sitting on Step 5, so when I told it to Go it started right off. After a short while I became concerned that I'd not started the vehicle, and so I did that, which did not appear to affect the update.
I hate these things as it seems to me there is opportunity for glitches and problems. I also wonder how wifey would do with it if I were not around to deal with it, cuz in fact the Ding sound and the orange icon were things I'd never seen before and initially had no idea what was going on...!
I did find it odd that after the reboots, there was no indication that it was doing anything. After the first reboot, I pressed Settings and found out it was still on step 6. After the second reboot, Settings worked, but when I pressed on Update, it was still on step 6. It finished up a minute or two after that.
Mine successfully installed this morning in about 12 minutes, but I believe the software had been already downloaded via the air because it did not start at step one but rather step 5 or 6. All is well though. I'm not sure what change will be noticeable, but it"s nice to know they haven't completely forgotten us.
I forgot to mention that it does reboot a few times, and you can't tell what it's doing, but it does send a message when complete that the software was successfully installed. So you'll know when it's done. It all went off without a hitch as I was driving. You have to be stopped to initiate it, but then it just goes on its own even while moving. You lose the screen functions while it's updating.
I tried mine 2 x's today, but it was only at step 3 of 6 after 15 minutes later. Will have to wait until I get home and can park in my stupid garage and leave it turned on and close the door without it being put on blocks!
Need to tap into the wealth of knowledge of the folks on the forum - I sent a very long email on Sunday night to the owner of the dealership and others, etc on the saga with this vehicle. Just got off the phone with him. He is going to exchange my Passport for a brand new one, transfer over all...
I have had my new 2019 Passport for about three weeks. Twice now the infotainment system stopped working. Both times, I was using Apple Play and Waze. A loud beep came on and then nothing. No Apple Play, no radio, ...nothing. The display was on (in fact it wouldn't turn off even when the car was...
I thought it would be nice to have a thread that collects al of the known Honda Service News Bulletins.
That way people with issues could read up on them and be more informed when they go to the dealer and not have to settle for the typical Gober Pyle answer of "Gee wiz, never heard of that...
my air conditioning in this Passport comes on and runs fine while the car is running down the road. If you have to stop at a light the pump clicks on and off and quits producing cold air it comes on for a few seconds then goes off, whats the problem is it the temp sender that goe,s in the...
I live in the humid south and upon opening the door to go to work in the morning, the condensation that built up overnight on my roof poured onto the driver seat. After wiping up, I got in and decided to open the sun roof and got another dumping onto me. I never had this happen before in my 08...