Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at my Passport manual & Guide and I couldn't find how to disable the automatic window / sun roof open when holding down he unlock button a 2nd time? Or maybe our Passports don't do that like the other Honda's?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Do you mean disable the sun roof from being a part of the process?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, Ive heard of people accidentally opening there sun roof in the rain, because there buttons were bumped on the fob while being in there pocket, and not knowing it..

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
That's a good question. I wouldn't mind completely disabling that feature. The windows too, not just the sunroof.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im going to poke my head in the garage to see if my Passport has this option, be right back

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah, just got back in, if you press the "unlock" on the fob twice the windows & sun roof partially open..

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
Yah, just got back in, if you press the "unlock" on the fob twice the windows & sun roof partially open..
I wish that could be turned off. I don't want it. And with all the settings this car has, it SHOULD be something we can set.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Whoa. Just went and tried this myself... goof and not good. Here’s the bigger question... other than jumping into the car to do them all back up, does the fob have a way to close them all? I tried the lock, lock twice, lock and then hold lock... nada.

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
other than jumping into the car to do them all back up, does the fob have a way to close them all? I tried the lock, lock twice, lock and then hold lock... nada.
Don't quote me on this, but I think I read somewhere that you need to use key. The one that's hidden inside the fob.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I just hit the unlock on my fob twice, was about 10 feet away from my passport when then windows and the sunroof open

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, you need the key to roll all windows up from outside.

Sorry, I miss understood... I know I would feel more relieved if I could disable that function. I sure do like my Passport, I would hate to do something stupid like accidentally opening my windows/sun roof during a rain..

·
Super Moderator
2,315 Posts
I think this is a cool feature, my last two BMWs had the same (Roll-down) feature...!

·
Registered
197 Posts
With my Toyota's, there are features of the keyless remote (and other things) that can be turned on/off/adjusted by the dealer or anyone with the right hardware and software. Not sure if Honda has anything like that to where something like this could be customized or disabled.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts