Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subaru owner here! Long time Impreza driver and LOVE the AWD in my Subaru. Was really considering the Forester for a long time but Subaru dumped the XT turbo model in 2019. Consistantly, reviewers are complaining about the lack of power in the 2019 Foresters. I really think Honda might have hit a sweet spot with the V6.

On paper, the 2019 Passport is really ticking off the boxes for me. Ride height, AWD option, power and more cargo room than the Forester. I'm no offroader but, I want AWD and the ability to get on some forest access roads in the Pacific Northwest. Thinking camping and mountian biking.

Any other Subaru owners thinking of making the jump to Honda?!

·
978 Posts
Hi Gordon, not a Subaru owner, but have spent the last year (or more) trying to figure out which AWD SUV to get and at one point thought the Outback might be it. The problem I have heard consistently from current Subaru owners (Both Forester & Outback) is the Lack of Power and coming from driving two BMW 6-cyl cars over the last 16 years, I did not think a whimy 4-cyl vehicle (including the new RAV4) would satisfy me.

Well, I drove the new Passport (only FWD) yesterday and it had loads of power, felt super well made, doors close like a truck (very solid - not thin & tinny), I'm sure the AWD will be even better and that is what I am targeting for my camping & fishing trips! Oh I also put the seats down and climbed into the back and could stretch out flat with no problems (I'm about 5'10") so with a 4" foam and my zero degree fleece-lined Ledge sleeping bag, I'll be plenty comfy.

Cheers..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback Steven! I'm really happy to hear how teh doors close like a truck and well build. Amazing that you can fit in the back with the seats down. This really does sound like a great vehicle for the camping crowd. Not all of us want to go rock crawling!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts