Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anybody has cracked this one?

Every time I get in my PP, my iPhone auto-connects by Bluetooth and automatically starts playing whatever music I had been listening to most recently. I want to leave Bluetooth on and connected with the car for phone use and to play music (when I want), but this is really annoying and I can’t seem to find a way to get it to stop playing automatically. I played with the settings on both my the phone and the PP to no avail. Suggestions?
Thank you!

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
436 Posts
Good luck, i have android and it does the same. I never figured it out. Really annoying when your listening to live sports and you get back in 30 minutes later and its starts game where you left off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wondering if anybody has cracked this one?

Every time I get in my PP, my iPhone auto-connects by Bluetooth and automatically starts playing whatever music I had been listening to most recently. I want to leave Bluetooth on and connected with the car for phone use and to play music (when I want), but this is really annoying and I can’t seem to find a way to get it to stop playing automatically. I played with the settings on both my the phone and the PP to no avail. Suggestions?
Thank you!
I use the Bluetooth for Apple Music occasionally and that seems to be the way it is supposed to work. When I have the input set to radio or My Honda Music etc it never automatically goes to Bluetooth. I often have the audio turned off so I may not be the best to be giving advice on this topic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is definitely frustrating and there is a way to disable it through the Apple Shortcuts app, which should come standard on your phone. I’ve attached a screenshot of the setting I put in place to stop this from happening. I don’t recall the step-by-step instructions so you may have to Google it to get full details, if the screenshot doesn’t provide what you need.
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Material property

P.S. You can also automate CarPlay like what the screenshot below shows.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Electronic device Parallel

Setting up these two automations on my phone makes it so that CarPlay launches automatically & music is paused each time I plug in my iPhone.

·
Registered
'20 Passport EX-L AWD (Modern Steel/Black)
27 Posts
Change the input on the radio, it'll play what was last used. If it's on radio when the car turns off, then back on it'll play that input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much @iluvzbeach !
The automation idea is brilliant! Seems to work on CarPlay, but Bluetooth keeps auto-playing. I tried building the same automation for when my iPhone connects to the PP by bluetooth. The automation runs as it should, but does not stop the player from launching anyway. Here’s the Bluetooth automation I built - if it helps. Grrr.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

1 - 10 of 10 Posts