Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, quick question.
Is there a way to toggle back to the radio after I route a new destination using maps in Carplay from my steering wheel?
Yes, I know I could simply enable the radio and then go back to navigation before I depart.
But you see, I usually just get going and I have to go back to the home screen, enable the radio or Sirius etc, etc., then revert to my map. Do you know what I mean?
Can I do this right from the steering wheel somehow?
Owners manual did not answer my dumb question.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring
32 Posts
Use the voice activated controls - hit the microphone button and say "tune to FM XXXX." That's the quickest way I have found so far. I do wish there was a button to go right back the the last media being used.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Use the voice activated controls - hit the microphone button and say "tune to FM XXXX." That's the quickest way I have found so far. I do wish there was a button to go right back the the last media being used.
Voice control is great for navigation, Sirus/XM, and phone, either bluetooth connected or hooked up for car play.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Voice control is great for navigation, Sirus/XM, and phone, either bluetooth connected or hooked up for car play.
Get out! I have to try this.
Do you short press for in car assistance or long press for Siri.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring
32 Posts
Quick press of the microphone button. It will give you a list of voice commands you can make. (I’m assuming you have a Touring or Elite.)

Get out! I have to try this.
Do you short press for in car assistance or long press for Siri.
Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeeeeesssssss.......... Super easy. In the OM all of the commands are listed. Doesn't take long to learn them, at least the ones you want. Its nice being able to put in a destination in Navigation with out having to stop the vehicle.
It does work on my EX-L whoo-hoo!
Thank you HarveyW.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I had my PP for almost a year before I learned I could long press the "head" button and text using voice by just saying "text so and so". That is using Android Auto and having the phone connected to the main USB port.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just recently tested the mic head button while connected to CarPlay and it used Siri so that was really nice. I will be using it more now that it is Siri based since I use CarPlay for Navi and audio 100% of the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts