Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This board is pretty much useless. People such as EDB and accounts a couple days old spreading hysteria. EDB doesn't even own a passport but continues to post any bad news he can find because someday he "might" own one. Can we start banning these people? They contribute nothing and probably ride a bike.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I couldn't agree more. The main problem I see is that these clowns just register with a different name and there they are again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This board is pretty much useless. People such as EDB and accounts a couple days old spreading hysteria. EDB doesn't even own a passport but continues to post any bad news he can find because someday he "might" own one. Can we start banning these people? They contribute nothing and probably ride a bike.
Please read the forum rules and understand the forum rules if you haven't already. Mods?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey wait a minute, I also ride a bike! ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Maybe he works for Toyota? LOL. I have to agree it is dumb to be posting a bunch of negatives about a car people may not own.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm new to this community and to my PP, which I bought because it was $6,000 off MSRP.
I've owned a lot a Hondas and only got a discount once on a 2003 Civic Hybrid manual (1,400).

What's the bad news that's being spread?

Passport sales are tanking, at 25,000 sold in 2019? So what!
The 9 speed tranny isn't perfect? So what!
The PP doesn't crawl like a 4runner? So what!
The infotainment doesn't compare to the Accords'? So what!
What bad news am I missing?

Honda gave up the ghost, when they dropped the wishbone suspension to sell cheaper like the American big 3 car makers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm new to this community and to my PP, which I bought because it was $6,000 off MSRP.
I've owned a lot a Hondas and only got a discount once on a 2003 Civic Hybrid manual (1,400).

What's the bad news that's being spread?

Passport sales are tanking, at 25,000 sold in 2019? So what!
The 9 speed tranny isn't perfect? So what!
The PP doesn't crawl like a 4runner? So what!
The infotainment doesn't compare to the Accords'? So what!
What bad news am I missing?

Honda gave up the ghost, when they dropped the wishbone suspension to sell cheaper like the American big 3 car makers.
Uh, help me out here. I purposely didn't go for the highest trim when I bought my 17 Pilot because the 9 speed tranny had issues. My understanding (mainly from Edmunds) is those issues have been resolved. Is that not the case?

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,109 Posts
Thank you all for bringing this up. and sorry in advance for my long-winded reply, but I wanted to address a number of things, including your post. First, I reread through the website-rules and did not find any specific rule that "the person in question" has violated. Every website has people with different personalities, both positive and negative. In reading through a number of "the person in question's" posts, I have to admit he/she sounds rather negative, but I did see posts where he/she was seemingly trying to help.

There is a part of the rules that states: QUOTE: It is our goal to support the thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experiences among Honda Passport enthusiasts and we aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again.

And my years of watching Law & Order tells me that he/she may NOT be a "Honda Passport Enthusiast" to the point of being a "Honda Passport Detractor" so he/she may be violating that part of the rules. It also states "we aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again", which if actual Passport Enthusiasts are NOT finding this to be an enjoyable place and NOT want to visit the site, then I suppose he could be violating that portion as well.

And if he/she continues to post only negatives regarding the Passport, then that may be a reason to ban. As a Mod, we need to run this issue past the Administrator for a final ruling.

In early 2018, I thought I wanted to get a 2019 RAV4 (don't laugh), no really, their press release made it sound awesome. So I joined a couple of RAV4 Forums and began discussing this up coming vehicle, once it was released and after reading all the negative reviews help turn my focus on the Passport. I did however go back to the RAV4 Forums and discussed the negative aspects of the RAV4, but soon found people there looked at me like some are seeing "the person in question" so I quit both of the Forums and only return as a guest to read up on their continuing horror stories, but NOT posting anything.

People may come in here to interact with current Passport owners because they are considering a Passport for a future purchase

People could come here to post negative things about the Passport, they own some competitive vehicle and want to feel superior.

I'm not sure if the Forum participants have access to an "Ignore" button, if not that might be the way to go in here.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
428 Posts
Uh, help me out here. I purposely didn't go for the highest trim when I bought my 17 Pilot because the 9 speed tranny had issues. My understanding (mainly from Edmunds) is those issues have been resolved. Is that not the case?
My PP Elite was made in September and it's first 1000 miles have been flawless. ;)

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
So I joined a couple of RAV4 Forums and began discussing this up coming vehicle, once it was released and after reading all the negative reviews help turn my focus on the Passport. I did however go back to the RAV4 Forums and discussed the negative aspects of the RAV4, but soon found people there looked at me like some are seeing "the person in question" so I quit both of the Forums and only return as a guest to read up on their continuing horror stories, but NOT posting anything.
Similar story here. I was pretty sure I wanted a 2019 Acura RDX so I spent a good amount of time on their forum asking questions. I started coming across quite a few negatives about the RDX (in my mind, anyway) and brought them up on the forum. I'm sure some folks there questioned my intentions. Ultimately I ended up with the Passport and I'm glad I did -- but I really truly had every intention of buying the RDX. So ya never know...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts