Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm actually at the dealership in regards to this same issue. Even over the smallest bumps I'll hear squeaking noises from the rear. Literally non stop squeaking when driving on the freeway. Almost like crickets chirping. I have a '21 EX-L FWD. With 19k miles. And of course it's pouring down raining here today after months of no rain.
I doubt they'll pinpoint the issue. I guess I should have checked the spare tire area before dropping the car off
Same year and trim as mine except I have AWD. I still haven't heard back from anyone in this thread. There is another thread (Link) that mentions the brake dust cover could be the issue. I may have the dealer take a look at that next time I'm in there. The guy mentioned he pryed the dust cover away but I don't want to mess with any of that. Anyway, let me know if your dealer was able to resolve your issue.

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
869 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport Sport - Silver/Black
2 Posts
I just drove home my "new" PP (2021 Sport, only 2410 miles when I bought it). I had a cooler with water (melted ice) and soda bottles, so I thought that was the noise I was hearing. I took that out, and I kept hearing the noise ... checked this forum and see this thread. Drat ... hope someone figures this out! I'll check the spare and I do not have any license plates yet, so that could be my issue? Stay tuned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just drove home my "new" PP (2021 Sport, only 2410 miles when I bought it). I had a cooler with water (melted ice) and soda bottles, so I thought that was the noise I was hearing. I took that out, and I kept hearing the noise ... checked this forum and see this thread. Drat ... hope someone figures this out! I'll check the spare and I do not have any license plates yet, so that could be my issue? Stay tuned.
It's not the spare. Don't waste your time. I had everything out including the tire changing kit and it made no difference. All evidence points to something exterior facing since the sound goes away when it's raining or has been sitting outside overnight. It comes back when it is bone dry again.

My dealer won't do anything about it until it gets worse. They, of course, don't hear anything. Three different techs could not hear it. There are a couple of other owners that took their PPs in but no response so far. I really wish they would respond regardless if it was resolved or not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same year and trim as mine except I have AWD. I still haven't heard back from anyone in this thread. There is another thread (Link) that mentions the brake dust cover could be the issue. I may have the dealer take a look at that next time I'm in there. The guy mentioned he pryed the dust cover away but I don't want to mess with any of that. Anyway, let me know if your dealer was able to resolve your issue.
Luckily it was the spare not tight in the back. I believe that was from discount tire not putting the spare back right

·
Registered
28 Posts
Luckily it was the spare not tight in the back. I believe that was from discount tire not putting the spare back right
Just looked back at your original post and noticed you said it was non-stop squeaking. Sorry, I must have missed that. This is very intermittent. Vehicle has to be bone dry and usually doesn't do it except on sharp bumps, turns or accelerating onto grades. I can get it to creak on demand from my driveway that is in the middle of a hill. It actually creaks and squeaks from several points but the most annoying and frequent one is from the rear cargo area... Around the left rear tire well. If I can get rid of that, I can deal with the creaks. This sounds like it could be made into a good Michael Winslow skit like "The Bleeps, the Sweeps and the Creeps" from Spaceballs. Maybe call it "The Squeaks, the Creaks and the Seeks (peace)"...:LOL:

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport Sport - Silver/Black
2 Posts
My issue was not the spare tire (BT73 was correct), it was locked down tight. My issue seems to have been the license plate holder not being locked down with 4 screws. Dealer only had 2 screws and it was flopping around making the noise I was hearing. I got my new plates and used 4 screws and noise seems to be gone now. I'll post back if something changes!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My issue was not the spare tire (BT73 was correct), it was locked down tight. My issue seems to have been the license plate holder not being locked down with 4 screws. Dealer only had 2 screws and it was flopping around making the noise I was hearing. I got my new plates and used 4 screws and noise seems to be gone now. I'll post back if something changes!
Yeah... Totally eliminated that by removing it completely. Still was squeakin away!!! As for my plate, is was firmly secured with 4 screws... No issues in that regard. Funny this is, my squeak is gone!!! It's been really dry here for days which is primetime for squeaking but it just plumb quit. No warning...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sup guys, here's an update. Field tech came, we drove my car around and heard the squeak, rattle or whatever it is. He then try to adjust the parking cable, drove it again. While driving he tried to hold the roof rails down to see if that was the problem ( don't really know why since the noise is coming from underneath the car. Oh well ) The noise still there . So he approved to order 1 rear shock, parking cables and shock mount.
Tomorrow I'll bring the car over to have it replaced and once again proof them wrong again. We'll see. I'' keep ypiu guys posted .

21 - 31 of 31 Posts