Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using Sport shift mode more and more around town. Better acceleration, more aggressive shift pattern, increased sportiness. Imagine that.

When I hit the open road, back to D drive.

Like this option, thanks Honda.

Reactions: rls002 and DudeCS

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m sure it’s not as good because I’m into the throttle more but I have not done it enough to notice at this point.

·
461 Posts
I haven’t driven in sport but sounds like it is more fun and should try it / the little lady drives a nice sports car but I think sports cars should only have a manual and I would lose that battle for sure as it’s her car ? guess what I’m asking, does it feel manual-ish if that makes any sense?

·
461 Posts
Cool/assumed as much part of the reason for not trying and that’s dumb as I just need to do it ?

·
Registered
289 Posts
The paddles are not bad but are not great either. There is a delay from upshifting or downshifting before the transmission changes gear. I guess I'm spoiled as my wife's prior car was an Audi S4 and that was quick shifting and now her current sled, the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, has a fantastic transmission as well. Granted these vehicles are at a different price point so I'm not necessarily making a direct comparison but what I have access to. ;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
The paddles are not bad but are not great either. There is a delay from upshifting or downshifting before the transmission changes gear. I guess I'm spoiled as my wife's prior car was an Audi S4 and that was quick shifting and now her current sled, the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, has a fantastic transmission as well. Granted these vehicles are at a different price point so I'm not necessarily making a direct comparison but what I have access to. ;)
Different price point? Could buy 2 passports.. How many four leaf clovers ? are on your wife’s Quadrifoglio? Looks like a beautiful car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Your Audi probably had an s-tronic dual clutch transmission similar to the VW DSG I had in my GTI. That's why it was faster.

See here...Audi S-Tronic

·
Registered
289 Posts
How many four leaf clovers ? are on your wife’s Quadrifoglio?
One on each side before the the front doors.... ;)

Don't mean to hijack the discussion.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ha. There might also be another clover on the engine cover and one on the dash (gauge cluster). And come to think of it I never counted them. :unsure:

Reactions: Pdog

·
Registered
289 Posts
^ Interesting.

Glad my thoughts weren't off base as to the shifting. First Honda vehicle so I don't have a starting reference point.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I find it invigorating, like Formula 1.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve only used it during my test drive. I do remember a higher whine of the engine. Only one month into ownership I’m still feeling it out. I’ll play around with it later.

Funny story. I had no knowledge of the paddles. The dealership never spoke of them. On the first day I inadvertently hit one of them, maybe twice, and I had no idea what was happening. I don’t recall how I figured it out but that night I checked the owners manual to see what those paddles were all about. I don’t think I’ll be using them at all.

I love all the chatter on the topics like this and use of ECON. Nice learning site.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I’ve only used it during my test drive. I do remember a higher whine of the engine. Only one month into ownership I’m still feeling it out. I’ll play around with it later.

Funny story. I had no knowledge of the paddles. The dealership never spoke of them. On the first day I inadvertently hit one of them, maybe twice, and I had no idea what was happening. I don’t recall how I figured it out but that night I checked the owners manual to see what those paddles were all about. I don’t think I’ll be using them at all.

I love all the chatter on the topics like this and use of ECON. Nice learning site.
It might be useful to keep in mind our PP's are light truck SUVs and not sports cars. For me any discussion of 0 to 60 is superfluous.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sport mode on the Passport is horrid compared to my 2018 Accord Touring. Very jerky and revs to high.
While I wouldn’t call it horrid, I don’t use it often for the same reason. I do find it useful sometimes when I’m encountering a lot of stoplights. I like how it’s quicker off the line. It’s not good at all, however, at highway speeds.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts