Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, went online today to look for snow chains as I moved from the beach to the mountains and want to be prepared. I looked on Amazon and Google, found many options. Wanted to see if anyone on here has a recommendation that has worked well for them on a Passport (AWD).

I realize that I might not need them with the proper tires...etc....but better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi all, went online today to look for snow chains as I moved from the beach to the mountains and want to be prepared. I looked on Amazon and Google, found many options. Wanted to see if anyone on here has a recommendation that has worked well for them on a Passport (AWD).

I realize that I might not need them with the proper tires...etc....but better safe than sorry.
COBeachGuy.......where did you move to? COBeachGuy , sound like you're in Colorado now.
Have you used snow chains in the past? Pain in the butt to put on and take off. Will loosen every nut, bolt, screw and dental filling in your head due to the harsh jarring ride on thin patches of snow. If not installed and tightened properly will come loose and cause big time damage to your vehicle. If you are in Colorado, studded snow tires are legal and are fantastic on AWD and even give improved stopping ability.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
COBeachGuy.......where did you move to? COBeachGuy , sound like you're in Colorado now.
Have you used snow chains in the past? Pain in the butt to put on and take off. Will loosen every nut, bolt, screw and dental filling in your head due to the harsh jarring ride on thin patches of snow. If not installed and tightened properly will come loose and cause big time damage to your vehicle. If you are in Colorado, studded snow tires are legal and are fantastic on AWD and even give improved stopping ability.
Haha, CO is correct.
Thank you, you raise great points and the benefit doesnt beat the headache. Studded snow tires....going to research these and consider.
Any suggestions on tire brands?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts