Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the different discussions to see if there are any owners who have gone from the factory 245/50-20 tires to say, 255/60-18’s in an all terrain style tire and were able to install snow chains (cables) and I have not seen anyone who has done so.
It seems there is very little clearance stock and it looks to me that fitting even the stock width tire on a wheel with less offset would not allow cables to be fit.
If there is anyone on the forum who is running 18’s at the stock height of ~29.5” could you comment on what tire and wheel combo you are running and how much clearance you have at the rear of the front wheel well?
In SoCal we are required to have snow cgains in the car and ready to be installed if it is actively snowing. Snow rated all terrains along with awd will often get us past the check point but not always.
Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Spider Spikes are interesting but I am still not sure they would fit once you change the wheel\tire away from OEM.
There looks to be about a 1/2" to 3/4" clearance to the rear of the front wheel well when the tires are at full lock and I am curious what that clearance is with both a 255/55-18 as well as 245/60/18. The latter is about the same size on paper but if I change the offset can I still get snow cables on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts