Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone else on the board posted they wrapped their skid plate with a sound deadening mat, so I gave it a go, and so far it has eliminated the insane popping I was getting.

I bought dynomat, as have used it before in other applications and it’s supposed to withstand heat well, and insulates the metal all around to prevent the metal on metal rubbing, and so far so good. We’ll see if it holds.

Pic attached:
Black Sleeve Rectangle Road surface Flooring

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
869 Posts
Were any of the bolts loose on the skid plate when you took it off for the dynomat?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were any of the bolts loose on the skid plate when you took it off for the dynomat?
Negative, as I actually recently tightened everything down trying to stop the popping as had gotten so annoying. It definitely gets worse as the bolts get looser, but even tightened all the way the thing was still popping in parking lots.
We'll see if it holds over time, but so far it's been fantastic driving around town and parking lots.

• Helpful
Reactions: PNWGarageDad

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No lo skid plate… and so far after a lot of driving the no popping liner continues to hold nicely. Makes it more enjoyable to drive and less embarrassing in parking lots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts