Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Living in Vegas, I鈥檓 jealous of all the snow you guys get.....Let鈥檚 start a thread showing your Passports in the snow!! 馃馃徎

Registered
Coming back from Florida last spring somewhere in Colorado.

Had to stop and bust off some of the crap and clear the front 'H' to get cruise to work.

Registered
Was wondering how the stock tires are in the snow? I usually use snow tires but thinking of not this year with new Passport and way less travel due to Covid. What are all your thoughts on the stock M&S鈥檚?

Registered
2020 Passport Elite, Obsidian Blue Pearl
I only drove in that one 6" October snowfall before swapping out for the Toyo ATs, so my snow XP with the OEM highway tires (not M&S) is very limited.
I found them to be just OK. Put the car in snow mode and take it easy (pretty slow, no goosing, no powering around corners) and you'll be fine (drive like everyone else who doesn't know how to drive in snow in other words). I had one instance where I came to a "curving stop" (road had a curve to it right at the red light) where I ended up sliding over to the curb (didn't hit, but would have had I not been babying it) despite taking it easy.
After years of using Blizzaks on my Pilot, I was used to much more sure footing and was disappointed but not surprised (they aren't dedicated snow tires after all). It cemented in my head the decision to go ahead with my Toyo AT purchase for the PP however.
YMMV

Registered
Was wondering how the stock tires are in the snow? I usually use snow tires but thinking of not this year with new Passport and way less travel due to Covid. What are all your thoughts on the stock M&S鈥檚?
I drove the stocks last winter in 3 or 4 storms. They combined with snow mode were about as solid as my last SUV was with Toyo AT2. As long as the tread is good and you take it slow, and don't live in a place with constant snow that never melts, I think you can get through a season. Of course, a better all season or dedicated winter tire will be safer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts