Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,944 Posts
Where do you live? I’ve got an awesome dent guy in OC, CA.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Not even a 1,000 miles on it and the old man banged it up at home backing out. If I had to guess that is a full front bumper repaint yes?
Maybe not a full bumper repaint. Perhaps a partial repaint of the damaged area and blending of the paint into the adjacent panel. Also, looks like the wider body gap near the light would need to be addressed. Take it to a few reputable body shops for an estimate.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe not a full bumper repaint. Perhaps a partial repaint of the damaged area and blending of the paint into the adjacent panel. Also, looks like the wider body gap near the light would need to be addressed. Take it to a few reputable body shops for an estimate.
I will get some quotes. That gap was like that when we bought it. I over looked it as bad QC or just not a perfect fit on that side.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,810 Posts
Nope, they are going to want to repaint the entire panel, for sure...!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s going into the shop tomorrow and they will have it for a couple days. Good news is no blending on the panel next to the bumper needed. That white line came right out and did not go through the paint. That front right side bumper is being replaced with Honda OEM bumper. Total repair is going to be $700 or slightly less. New bumper is $209.95 from Honda the rest will be labor. Really sucks and could have been worse. While it hurts the $ pocket what really sucks is knowing it will never look like OEM. One with a really good eye will be able to tell it’s been replaced. That’s with any body work. Not making an insurance claim this is out of pocket.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,810 Posts
Your secret is safe in here with us Fattie!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the ride back. Looks like they done a really good job. Having a keen eye myself. I can tell it does not match perfectly. The repaired side is lighter then the other side when not in sun light. Will take a picture tomorrow. Final price for repair was $550.35 Btw they also fixed the bad gap from the factory.

We had a delay getting it back. The new bumper came in damaged so they had to order another one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ignore the bugs/juice in various places. We just took a trip yesterday. But here are the results.

Now I do have a question for you guys and tell me what you think. I don't want to be "one of those customers" BUT my ocd is really kicking in on this. Its regarding the fog light housing. Its not flush like the other side is now. Pictures added and tell me what ya think. Worth brining attention to or just ignore it?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Its regarding the fog light housing. Its not flush like the other side is now. Pictures added and tell me what ya think. Worth brining attention to or just ignore it?
Certainly does not hurt to ask? More importantly, are the fog lights aligned? Park in on a level road surface facing perpendicular to a wall for a quick check.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Certainly does not hurt to ask? More importantly, are the fog lights aligned? Park in on a level road surface facing perpendicular to a wall for a quick check.
Good catch on the alignment of the fog light. Did not even give that a thought. Will test out next time I am out at night.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ignore the bugs/juice in various places. We just took a trip yesterday. But here are the results.

Now I do have a question for you guys and tell me what you think. I don't want to be "one of those customers" BUT my ocd is really kicking in on this. Its regarding the fog light housing. Its not flush like the other side is now. Pictures added and tell me what ya think. Worth brining attention to or just ignore it?

The repair job looks great. Paint appears to match really well and the alignment is now straight. As far as the fog light housing is concerned, unless you see both of them together, the repaired one shown appears fine to me. As DudeCS mentioned, check the alignment of the fog lights for alignment.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did not think about this nor did the shop mention it. Does the parking sensor on that side need to be recalibrated since it was removed? Honda mentions it during any bumper removal. They also mention running a scan tool to check for errors or any thing wrong. I doubt they done that as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts