Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also have approached this issue and I’m not about to pay $ 50 or $250 for it... but upon further examination on the ZF tranny, it’s just a square peg on top of the tranny, I’m going to try some ratchet extension, 1/4-3/8-1/2 reverse it and see if it fits, cause you’ll still need the extension because it’s pretty down there...... and if it does, that’s a whole lot cheaper for an extension at harbour freight.....
Will report back.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also have approached this issue and I’m not about to pay $ 50 or $250 for it... but upon further examination on the ZF tranny, it’s just a square peg on top of the tranny, I’m going to try some ratchet extension, 1/4-3/8-1/2 reverse it and see if it fits...... and if it does, that’s a whole lot cheaper for an extension at harbour freight.....
Will report back.....
Thats not going to work. You turn the shaft, it springs back when you let go. The adapter has a lock on it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
We have Honda Care which presumably means a tow operator familiar with Honda vehicles and hence (possibly) the special shift-to-Neutral procedure. But only in a perfect world I guess, since Murphy's Law would dictate that the failure would be in an area where no such dealers or skilled tow operators are available!

:p

·
Registered
421 Posts
Like any roadside service, Honda Care probably simply calls a local tow service regardless of their "special experience" with Honda vehicles. I would hope most reputable tow companies know how to handle these situations.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Received the tranny neutral adapter in the mail yesterday. It is a quality OEM tool and it's priced fair at $50. Slipped it in an old Crown Royal velvet bag I had and lives in my tool bag that I keep in the under floor storage (I hate to hear things rattle in the car). Hopefully I never need to use it, better to have and not need than need and not have!

·
Registered
74 Posts
...better to have and not need than need and not have!
Also, any excuse to buy a specialized tool, I'm "IN"!

I just taped mine back into the Honda parts plastic bag it came in and tossed it into the glovebox where it sits with the lug nut adapter.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts