Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, had oil change, tire rotation and rear diff. Serviced today. Came to pick it up and ask did they perform software update for start/stop. They said no but they would do it if i wanted to wait for about an hour, smdh!
So here i sit waiting for them to perform update馃檮
$270 for above service incase someone is wondering.

Registered
Also the service manager did say that Honda is planning on stopping putting in the start/stop feature in their vehicles. Time will tell.
I heard some unconfirmed talk about this too. That could probably mean Honda dropping it's V6 for a four cylinder turbo to meet fuel economy requirements. NHTSA wants 40 mpg for new vehicles by 2026 so things are about to get more interesting.

Registered
2022 PP Elite AWD
I heard some unconfirmed talk about this too. That could probably mean Honda dropping it's V6 for a four cylinder turbo to meet fuel economy requirements. NHTSA wants 40 mpg for new vehicles by 2026 so things are about to get more interesting.
It would be interesting to see 40MPG without hybridization for crossover.

TBH, 40MPG for sedans should be the norm.

Reactions: fx_chip

Registered
I was confused why Honda at this stage of the game came out with a new DOHC V6 for the Pilot. Whatever the Pilot gets I'd assume the Passport will get it and that's will survive to whatever comes next or ends. Toyota has a Hybrid system for the Highlander so I don't understand why Honda can't follow unless they're going to skip this step and go all electric.

Registered
I was confused why Honda at this stage of the game came out with a new DOHC V6 for the Pilot. Whatever the Pilot gets I'd assume the Passport will get it and that's will survive to whatever comes next or ends. Toyota has a Hybrid system for the Highlander so I don't understand why Honda can't follow unless they're going to skip this step and go all electric.
They made it for the MDX/TLX Type S. Gotta make the money back before retiring it.

Registered
2022 PP Elite AWD
Sub 2k rpm torque can be addicting. But Honda's turbo engines somehow don't feel as good as the VAG engines. Though I'm sure the Honda's engines will last longer...

Registered
Hybrid splits the difference. Don't have a turbo to worry about but have a battery to worry about but gain crazy good mpg's in some cases. I had 3 CRV's. I gave the CVT a chance but hated it and when they went to a turbo/cvt with a tiny engine I moved on. Look at the metrics of a CRV 1.5 vs a CRV Hybrid it's a no brainer. On my 5th Honda V6 but only my Accord V6 was light enough to deal with the lack of low end torque. Sure it's nice to wind out gears but electrification has changed things.

Registered
2022 PP Elite AWD
See, I don't understand the major dislike of a lot of folks here on the CRV with turbo CVT. I drove it for a year to work and back (moms car and we work in the same side of town) and don't have many complaints...

Registered
See, I don't understand the major dislike of a lot of folks here on the CRV with turbo CVT. I drove it for a year to work and back (moms car and we work in the same side of town) and don't have many complaints...
I think the problem for me is how the lowest ratio for the CVT is not low enough so the off the line acceleration is just not there.

Registered
I don't think there is major dislike but the CVT on our 15 CRV had to be replaced. Also with the 1.5t you read about head gasket failure in Accords and some say it's because they need higher octane gas. Probably not an issue for the masses but I got some RAV4 hybrids and if they hold up I'm sold It's a nice blend of responsive performance and awesome mpgs. These new Accords and CRV's should be good too but then again if going hybrid why not go with Toyota.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts