Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. but, for that kind of coin, the one thing that Honda really got WRONG was including the pull down armrest on the driver and passenger's seats... Talk about old school... That's just NOT a good look for the vehicle... It's horrible for the CRV and it's even WORSE for the re-designed Passport.. If it's that "conservative" thing that Honda likes to do with it's vehicles, they really need to re-evaluate their decision making on such a design... Other than that, the truck looks beautiful...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wasn't a fan of the pull down armrests... until I actually used it. The driver and passenger don't have to share the same armrest, and can put it at different height. Also, it is really nice that no matter how you adjust your seating position the armrest will follow.

The thing I like the most is that it allows the central storage bin to be used as a mini table when the lid is closed to put all kind of things. It is very practical to have a flat surface that you can use to put phone, wallet, purse (the wife loves it), or when you want to have a snack or kids want to put their small toys.

So for us it is a big plus.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can't say they look the best, but I do like the utility of being able to adjust where your elbow/arm meets the rest. And I do like centre console space it opens up. Maybe a bit wider would have been nicer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
LOVE my pull down armrests on the seats! Most everyone loves them as you are held in your seat and are very comfortable. I don't think Honda got it wrong.

·
Registered
329 Posts
deleted...

·
Registered
559 Posts
LOVE my pull down armrests on the seats! Most everyone loves them as you are held in your seat and are very comfortable. I don't think Honda got it wrong.
I agree! I had a 2017 Ridgeline and now a Passport. The armrests are one of my favorite things about the interior and I'm glad Honda carried them over to the Passport. I also like the center console bin, so nice it has a sliding top rather than hinged at the back or side like so many other vehicles.

·
Registered
325 Posts
.. but, for that kind of coin, the one thing that Honda really got WRONG was including the pull down armrest on the driver and passenger's seats... Talk about old school... That's just NOT a good look for the vehicle... It's horrible for the CRV and it's even WORSE for the re-designed Passport.. If it's that "conservative" thing that Honda likes to do with it's vehicles, they really need to re-evaluate their decision making on such a design... Other than that, the truck looks beautiful...
OHH my, hope you didn’t buy a Passport... Sounds like you don’t like the arm rest. The Passport does a horrible job of hauling 4’ x 8’ or bigger Sheetrock, gravel or dirt, as a truck it fails in that department. But, as a SUV it hits the nail on the head ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I previously owned 2012 Pilot and I like the pull down arm rest better.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I previously owned 2012 Pilot and I like the pull down arm rest better.
SteveZ I, too, had a 2012 Pilot. What really bothered me was the rolling cover of the console. The thin ribs that allowed it to roll under collected little bits of dust and dirt and could only be cleaned using a vacuum cleaner. A minor bother, I agree, but it always there each time I looked down. :LOL:

·
Registered
103 Posts
SteveZ I, too, had a 2012 Pilot. What really bothered me was the rolling cover of the console. The thin ribs that allowed it to roll under collected little bits of dust and dirt and could only be cleaned using a vacuum cleaner. A minor bother, I agree, but it always there each time I looked down. :LOL:
Always left mine open?. It was a great vehicle. I installed new tires on it last fall at 57000 miles with the intension of keeping it. When the Passport came out I love it and pulled the trigger (did very well with my trade)

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,825 Posts
I invite anyone considering a Passport to go drive & price a comparable 2019 RAV4...

·
Registered
892 Posts
Always left mine open?. It was a great vehicle. I installed new tires on it last fall at 57000 miles with the intension of keeping it. When the Passport came out I love it and pulled the trigger (did very well with my trade)
I was planning to replace my 2012 Pilot with the new 2016 Pilot until I saw how they re-designed it: it was a mini-van! It looked just like the Odyssey! I held off and just kept the 2012. Then I heard of a new Honda product, something called the Passport was will soon be introduced, and the rest is history . . . . .

·
Registered
892 Posts
I was planning to replace my 2012 Pilot with the new 2016 Pilot until I saw how they re-designed it: it was a mini-van! It looked just like the Odyssey! I held off and just kept the 2012. Then I heard of a new Honda product, something called the Passport will soon be introduced, and the rest is history . . . . .

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was planning to replace my 2012 Pilot with the new 2016 Pilot until I saw how they re-designed it: it was a mini-van! It looked just like the Odyssey! I held off and just kept the 2012. Then I heard of a new Honda product, something called the Passport will soon be introduced, and the rest is history . . . . .
Very happy with mine. Love the ride, power and fuel mileage (couldn't be happier)
The technology is a little much for me, I'm old sixty eight

·
Registered
892 Posts
Very happy with mine. Love the ride, power and fuel mileage (couldn't be happier)
The technology is a little much for me, I'm old sixty eight
Not to fret SteveZ. I'm 70 (soon to be 71) and I frequently can be found sitting in my PP, in my garage, manual on my lap learning to use the new technology of this impressive machine. As you stated, I, too, could not be happier with my PP here in Hanover, PA.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I invite anyone considering a Passport to go drive & price a comparable 2019 RAV4...
... so that you will realize what a better vehicle the Passport is ...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts