Honda Passport Forum banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,430 Posts
Those two tab pieces of material should be wedged in-between the cushion and the plastic of the seat. The seat covers should have come with a wedge tool to help. That is unless these are photos of the job not finished, then, never mind...🤐
Forgot to update.
Yes, those pieces wedge between the seat and the plastic. Doh! On my part. They were sewn so nicely I thought they were meant to be exposed and frame the seat adjustment buttons.

I did get that cool wedge tool with my order, but it turned out to be more work than it was worth. Thankful for small hands, and feet to go with my short legs. 🤣

I also had a bit of a challenge finding places to hook the shorter elastic S hook straps under the seat, any suggestions?

And Coverking is sending me out the missing head rest cover and two new arm rests. They can’t be 100% certain without shipping them back, (which I don’t have to do), but they think they might be fit for the manual seats. Mine are both powered and they fit the width perfect, just almost 2” short.

Reactions: CHEFERMAN65

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
315 Posts
Forgot to update.
Yes, those pieces wedge between the seat and the plastic. Doh! On my part. They were sewn so nicely I thought they were meant to be exposed and frame the seat adjustment buttons.

I did get that cool wedge tool with my order, but it turned out to be more work than it was worth. Thankful for small hands, and feet to go with my short legs. 🤣

I also had a bit of a challenge finding places to hook the shorter elastic S hook straps under the seat, any suggestions?

And Coverking is sending me out the missing head rest cover and two new arm rests. They can’t be 100% certain without shipping them back, (which I don’t have to do), but they think they might be fit for the manual seats. Mine are both powered and they fit the width perfect, just almost 2” short.
They look good, as far as a place for the s hook, careful as I also had issue and lacerated one of my digits fiddling about under the seat. Some rather sharp bits under there. Use a small mirror with some good light. I hope they correct and what is sent works, it's been quite some time you've spent on this adventure. Hopefully you can put it to bed and just enjoy them!

Reactions: ProdGirl

·
Super Moderator
2,430 Posts
They look good, as far as a place for the s hook, careful as I also had issue and lacerated one of my digits fiddling about under the seat. Some rather sharp bits under there. Use a small mirror with some good light. I hope they correct and what is sent works, it's been quite some time you've spent on this adventure. Hopefully you can put it to bed and just enjoy them!
Ha! Yeah, I had two mag lights under the seat searching for something to hook them on and knicked a knuckle. Will see how long the hooks hold every time my seat moves when I get in and out though.

And I know, this would have been my 3rd summer searching for something. Last year, I put it on a Covid pause because I really didn’t drive much of anywhere (5k miles in 2020)! they seem like they will certainly help if anything.

Reactions: CHEFERMAN65

·
Registered
264 Posts
I ordered seat covers on May 4 and now the ship date has been moved back to 7/5. I'd like to get some seat covers for our newly purchased RAV4 but want to see the actual product. Even things like dog food are tough to get, I have to go to other towns and it's like $10 more than it used to be. I think inflation is going to be around longer than expected.

·
Super Moderator
2,430 Posts
I ordered seat covers on May 4 and now the ship date has been moved back to 7/5. I'd like to get some seat covers for our newly purchased RAV4 but want to see the actual product. Even things like dog food are tough to get, I have to go to other towns and it's like $10 more than it used to be. I think inflation is going to be around longer than expected.
The production time and shipping was odd. Coverking and AutoAnything told me 10 weeks and then it was less than a week for AutoAnything to send the Coverking seat covers? Maybe they had a random Honda Passport in the black pollycotton sitting on the shelf? 🤔

They worked great yesterday. I had to get hopefully the last MRI on my knee at 3pm, so at 2:45 & 4:30 it was about 84* and sticky in the car. It was close enough and yet to not hot enough to need AC (plus I just not an AC girl after living in Phoenix and Vegas 3/4 of my life) and I didn’t stick or feel sweaty. So I’m giving these a 👍🏻.

Still waiting to hear about the correct arm rest cover size.

Reactions: 14v6

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think I went with Saddleman covers they had a sale through Auto Anything.

Ah, Arizona, my folks used to live in Mesa, loved going out there to visit. I remember they days of endless orange groves. Even thought of moving out there so I took a trip in hot August and then drove out to Vegas. It was triple digits at night??. Yeah, it's a dry heat like a jet engine blow dryer.:rolleyes: No way I could take that and the weather being perfect every day.:(

161 - 166 of 166 Posts