Honda Passport Forum banner

141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,430 Posts
I am using Carhartt seats for my honda car. And had a great experience with it.
Would you say the Carhartt seat covers are very similar to the traditional work jackets they make?
The way they look has put them at the top of my list, but I just need to feel the fabric.

I asked for a sample, but they don’t have them and just not sure I’d like to be sitting on the scratchy jacket material when wearing shorts.

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L Black Copper
21 Posts
ProdGirl they are the same material as the outer shell. The ones we installed were Grey, and they matched my Grey Carhartt perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
2,430 Posts
ProdGirl they are the same material as the outer shell. The ones we installed were Grey, and they matched my Grey Carhartt perfectly.
Please clarify what you mean by outer shell?

BTW - I contacted Carhartt, who subs their product out to CoverKing and they do have samples to send out now. So I did order some.

Thanks,
Heather

·
Super Moderator
2,430 Posts
The part you see when it is being worn
ahh...ok, thanks.
My brother has one of their work jackets and I checked it out when I was there during Christmas.
It didn’t appear to be very comfortable while wearing shorts in the warm humid summer weeks we get.
And here we are again, another summer and I’m still trying to find a solution...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ordered some Saddeman neoprene set covers for the front yesterday. I've had Coverking neoprenes in the past that held up well so am hoping these will last like 5 years or more. My chocolate lab has worn through every seat cover in the front (neoprene, ballistica). The OEM Honda rear covers that I put in every Honda we own hold up to everything including him. Too bad Honda doesn't make them for the front. There was a sale yesterday so all in was a hair under $200. I recycled the ballistica covers from my Ridgelnie into the Passport but the lab did put a small hole in the passenger cover and the neoperene is much nicer with a better fit.

·
Super Moderator
2,430 Posts
Ordered some Saddeman neoprene set covers for the front yesterday. I've had Coverking neoprenes in the past that held up well so am hoping these will last like 5 years or more. My chocolate lab has worn through every seat cover in the front (neoprene, ballistica). The OEM Honda rear covers that I put in every Honda we own hold up to everything including him. Too bad Honda doesn't make them for the front. There was a sale yesterday so all in was a hair under $200. I recycled the ballistica covers from my Ridgelnie into the Passport but the lab did put a small hole in the passenger cover and the neoperene is much nicer with a better fit.
Post a photo and details on the material once you get them on!

·
Registered
264 Posts
2015 CRV, 2014 Accord, 2017 Ridgeline, 2020 Passport, They have been fantastic and we have a chocolate lab that has put them to the test over the years. Also, on the Acord and CRV they were in used heavily during those years of chauffeuring the kids around to all of their activities. The dog did destroy the fronts within 5 years of the CR grade neoprene were aftermarket. I wish. I would have used the Honda ones for the minivan years, they hold up very well. Too bad Honda doesn't make them for the front.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
315 Posts
The Honda OEM rear seat covers are awesome. Shop around a bit I found an open box deal on eBay, I think I saved about $75 off msrp.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thank you all for the recommendation.
BarksBar Luxury Pet Car Seat Cover with Seat Anchors for Cars, Trucks, and Suv's - Black, Waterproof & Nonslip Backing
4.6 out of 5 stars 7,380
$26.99

I use these for the dog. In fact, I leave them in all the time. The front disconnects from the front headrests and just hangs down when you do not need the "hammock" style. Great for grandkids' car seats. There are velcro slit openings for seat belts and LATCH anchors. Great for when returning from the beach. Very strong "ballistic" type waterproof material. Remove completely in about one minute when adult passengers are going to sit in rear seat and they want to sit on the leather. EZ to clean with damp cloth. I also vacuum dog hair using a cordless Dyson.

·
Super Moderator
2,430 Posts
Hi All,
To protect the leather of the back seats I was deciding if I should buy the Honda branded seat covers, or is there a better brand? Thanks.
We’ve had lots of discussions about seat covers in these posts. Check them out for thoughts and ideas.
I just consolidated all of them to one thread.

Check out the Carhartt brand for the backseat. They look great for dogs and kids.
I am waiting on a sample of the material for the front which I had to call in again for yesterday, the first request was lost. Below is the website of where they come from, And they are also sending me a few other samples to check out.

The OEM one looks nice on the backseat, (posted here). However, they don’t seem to make one for the front (which is lame).

I use these for the dog. In fact, I leave them in all the time. The front disconnects from the front headrests and just hangs down when you do not need the "hammock" style. Great for grandkids' car seats. There are velcro slit openings for seat belts and LATCH anchors. Great for when returning from the beach. Very strong "ballistic" type waterproof material. Remove completely in about one minute when adult passengers are going to sit in rear seat and they want to sit on the leather. EZ to clean with damp cloth. I also vacuum dog hair using a cordless Dyson.
That looks great! You can keep the kids flying food fights contained too!

·
Super Moderator
2,430 Posts
and for anyone looking at the Wet Okole covers, I got this $25 off coupon today.

Reactions: CHEFERMAN65

·
Super Moderator
2,430 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
315 Posts
Reactions: ProdGirl

·
Super Moderator
2,430 Posts
Congrats! Finally. I certainly hope you are pleased as much as I am w/ CoverKing. 10 weeks though...that just sucks.
I know. 🤬 Hopefully they are sooner, but not likely.
July weather for us can be a 50/50 suck factor, but we usually have 2-3 weeks in august that are not fun with no AC and no where to go. At least I’ll have them for next summer since I will probably still be here.

I’ve been looking for the last 3 summers...I would have gotten them about a month ago, but the first set of samples direct from CoverKind never arrived and the 2nd set took 2 weeks. Just got them yesterday actually. I went thru the AutoAnything site as they sold them for $73.00 less, and hopefully they are more on the ball.

·
Super Moderator
2,430 Posts
Well that was a sweaty hour or so long project.
these are the coverking poly cotton drill - black. I ordered from autoanything.com as they had a better price and turn around tIke.
a few concerns I sent over to them.
1) there was supposed to be two head rest covers, I only received one,
2) the arm rest covers are not going on no matter how much tugging I do, they seem to be a couple inches short?
3) the cut outs on the side for the seat buttons do not line up. They are on the appropriate seats because the airbag pockets on the door side lines up.

but they look better than the towel from Amazon.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
315 Posts
Well that was a sweaty hour or so long project.
these are the coverking poly cotton drill - black. I ordered from autoanything.com as they had a better price and turn around tIke.
a few concerns I sent over to them.
1) there was supposed to be two head rest covers, I only received one,
2) the arm rest covers are not going on no matter how much tugging I do, they seem to be a couple inches short?
3) the cut outs on the side for the seat buttons do not line up. They are on the appropriate seats because the airbag pockets on the door side lines up.

but they look better than the towel from Amazon. View attachment 11287

View attachment 11288

View attachment 11289
Those two tab pieces of material should be wedged in-between the cushion and the plastic of the seat. The seat covers should have come with a wedge tool to help. That is unless these are photos of the job not finished, then, never mind...🤐

Reactions: ProdGirl
141 - 160 of 166 Posts