Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased seat covers for the front seats that also cover the armrests? Carhart shows to have seat covers for the passport and mentions the chair style being captains with armrest but of course the picture is a generic one so I can’t see how they look.

Has anyone purchased these?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,664 Posts
Reactions: Jermboy777

·
Super Moderator
1,664 Posts
We just bought and installed Wet Okole's that are black with gray centers. Covers both front seats and both arm rests.
How are they for the sweaty leg when wearing shorts?
Thats my one beef with the leather seats. When I wear shorts and the humidity is 75%...I rarely use the AC, especially if I’m just driving a mile or two to the grocery store or taco place!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport EX-L
15 Posts
How are they for the sweaty leg when wearing shorts?
Thats my one beef with the leather seats. When I wear shorts and the humidity is 75%...I rarely use the AC, especially if I’m just driving a mile or two to the grocery store or taco place!
They are actually really good. They are fabric so they tend to make you sweat less than leather seats do. We had these covers in our Kia Soul for over two years and they still looked really good when we sold it.

·
Super Moderator
1,664 Posts
They are actually really good. They are fabric so they tend to make you sweat less than leather seats do. We had these covers in our Kia Soul for over two years and they still looked really good when we sold it.
Awesome - thanks!
Which style did you get?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JUST A REMINDER THE SEATS HAVE AIR BAGS IN THEM AND SHOULD NOT BE COVERED
Universal seat covers shouldn’t be used, exact fit seat covers are custom made for specific vehicles to accommodate airbag deployment. They are designed with a flap that has an airbag identifying label that opens in the event of airbag deployment. So just flat out saying seat covers should not be used is misinformation.

This is why I’m interested in the Carhart seat covers because they are made for the passport, I would just like to see how they actually look first.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport EX-L
15 Posts
Well, unless Wet Okole is completely lying about this, their seat covers are custom made and air bag compatible. I have absolutely no affiliation with them at all in case someone wants to bring that up.

"Our complete custom tailored, water proof Honda Seat Covers are the best fitted seat cover on the market. Each of our Honda Seat Covers come with 1/2" foam on the seat and seat back for extra padding,comfort and seat protection. Each seat cover's front and sides are impact air bag compatible and have been tested at an airbag lab for compliance. Additionally, Wet Okole's Honda Seat Covers can be easily installed without removing your seats. "

Honda Seat Covers - Wet Okole Hawaii

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
33 Posts
I purchased the front seat covers for now, to see how I like them. They are compatible with the front seat airbags. I tossed them in the washing machine before installing them.

·
Super Moderator
1,664 Posts
Universal seat covers shouldn’t be used, exact fit seat covers are custom made for specific vehicles to accommodate airbag deployment. They are designed with a flap that has an airbag identifying label that opens in the event of airbag deployment. So just flat out saying seat covers should not be used is misinformation.

This is why I’m interested in the Carhart seat covers because they are made for the passport, I would just like to see how they actually look first.
How
I purchased the front seat covers for now, to see how I like them. They are compatible with the front seat airbags. I tossed them in the washing machine before installing them.

How long have you had the Carhart covers?
Would you say in the summer months they are cool to the skin?
And can you post a link to them?
I am very familiar with their brand, didn’t know they made seat covers.

I got fabric samples for Wet Okole, but wasn’t impressed with the feel. Granted it’s a 1/2” sample swatch...

My issue with the pleather seats, is if I wear shorts, my legs stick to the seat and if a sundress, my legs and back stick to them. So I put down a cloth linen down, but when I get in and out the linen falls out and drives me nuts. It’s often only 75* in HB in the summer, but the humidity is high, and using the AC in my 1-3 mile drives from Trader Joe’s to target is just lame, plus the fresh air is so much nicer.

·
Registered
2019 Elite Black Forest
111 Posts
How

How long have you had the Carhart covers?
Would you say in the summer months they are cool to the skin?
And can you post a link to them?
I am very familiar with their brand, didn’t know they made seat covers.

I got fabric samples for Wet Okole, but wasn’t impressed with the feel. Granted it’s a 1/2” sample swatch...

My issue with the pleather seats, is if I wear shorts, my legs stick to the seat and if a sundress, my legs and back stick to them. So I put down a cloth linen down, but when I get in and out the linen falls out and drives me nuts. It’s often only 75* in HB in the summer, but the humidity is high, and using the AC in my 1-3 mile drives from Trader Joe’s to target is just lame, plus the fresh air is so much nicer.
I've used Wet Okole Neoprene on 2 vehicles in the past and loved them. Would definitely use again assuming I was satisfied with color choice.

·
Super Moderator
1,664 Posts
I've used Wet Okole Neoprene on 2 vehicles in the past and loved them. Would definitely use again assuming I was satisfied with color choice.
Does the wet okole material feel cool to the skin in the summer?
Maybe I need to ask them for a larger sample? It was impossible to tell from the 1/2” square I got!

·
Registered
2019 Elite Black Forest
111 Posts
Does the wet okole material feel cook to the skin in the summer?
Maybe I need to ask them for a larger sample? It was impossible to tell from the 1/2” square I got!
For me I don't remember thinking that was an issue... but I don't live in a humid environment and of course we all regulate our heat differently and are more sensitive to certain things being uncomfortable. Not sure I would even settle on a larger swath of cloth if that's a big concern. Think I'd try to find somewhere/someone that has them and check it out full size.

It was a few years ago that I used them so its possible they may have even changed fabric properties which would lend my recommendation mute. I can tell you they fit like a glove.

·
Super Moderator
1,664 Posts
For me I don't remember thinking that was an issue... but I don't live in a humid environment and of course we all regulate our heat differently and are more sensitive to certain things being uncomfortable. Not sure I would even settle on a larger swath of cloth if that's a big concern. Think I'd try to find somewhere/someone that has them and check it out full size.

It was a few years ago that I used them so its possible they may have even changed fabric properties which would lend my recommendation mute. I can tell you they fit like a glove.
Good idea to see if I can find even a universal fit in the Okole locally, I didn’t think of that. Will do some searching. Yeah, I can’t tell you what the material they sent me was. But will take that with a grain of salt too.
thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,664 Posts
They are in Costa Mesa
Perfect! I didn‘t realize that until I looked them up and called.
She said they have full seat covers that are universal to look at.
No rush now since it’s officially winter and socks and flip flops weather for us!
I will go by there Monday after my eye surgery f/u appt in Newport.
Will have to call, by then they are likely to be closed again due to Covid.

Reactions: JRJ
1 - 20 of 25 Posts