Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy what a tedious day!! Just finished up this install. I won't go into detail too much except to say to make sure and follow directions. Only deviation from instructions was I used a diaper pin and drill bits instead of t-pin and broach bits. The left well protector looks a little off at the 12V socket but that's how it lined up. It's not difficult. Just very time consuming. The effort is worth it.

I thought about using velcro but I figure Honda engineers are a lot sharper than I am in regards to proper fit and longevity. So 30 marks, 30 pilot holes, 30 final holes and 30 snaps later.....

Before:

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Trunk Hood

After:
Vehicle Car Grille Hood Motor vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you pick up the rear seat back protectors
Where did you get the wheel well protectors?
From the dealer I purchased the vehicle from. They gave me a pretty decent discount on parts and accessories after purchasing the Passport.

Heck I even bought 6 quarts of Honda branded (Idemitsu) 0W-20 oil and a Honda oil filter for my first oil change.

Registered
'22 Sonic Gray Pearl Trailsport
Great job. I have the complete set on order. I use a ratcheting telescopic cargo bar to keep things from shifting and the current iterior isn't sturdy enough except for the widest point of the cargo area. The bar worked perfect in my Element.

Registered
So does anyone else find it ironic that the box all the protective panels came in is marked fragile? Install went great. Aligned the panel, drilled & installed one acnhor to make sure it was in the correct position then drilled all the rest at one time.
Product Sleeve Font Automotive design Pattern

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So does anyone else find it ironic that the box all the protective panels came in is marked fragile? Install went great. Aligned the panel, drilled & installed one acnhor to make sure it was in the correct position then drilled all the rest at one time.
Mine came in plastic bags with no box. For myself, the only difficult part was the fitment around the 12V socket. When it molded around the wheel wells it was off center. Looking back I could have used a heat gun. Still not too bad.

Registered
Mine came in plastic bags with no box. For myself, the only difficult part was the fitment around the 12V socket. When it molded around the wheel wells it was off center. Looking back I could have used a heat gun. Still not too bad.
I had seen your post where you mentioned the issue you had with the socket and it made me pay specific attention to that area. After I cut out the opening I centered it around the socket and everything seemed to be aligned pretty well. Yours wasn't really noticable until you pointed it out.

The panels are not strong enough to support the use of my ratcheting extension bar as I had hoped they'd be but I'm glad I installed them. I got my '08 Element back Friday and was lucky enough to put a deer in the back. If I had the PP with me instead I would not have hesitated to do the same. I did drive Ellie in to the woods quite a ways to pick up the deer, even with the extra ground clearance I don't think I would have done that with Polly.

Reactions: ballisticexchris

Registered
I had seen your post where you mentioned the issue you had with the socket and it made me pay specific attention to that area. After I cut out the opening I centered it around the socket and everything seemed to be aligned pretty well. Yours wasn't really noticable until you pointed it out.

The panels are not strong enough to support the use of my ratcheting extension bar as I had hoped they'd be but I'm glad I installed them. I got my '08 Element back Friday and was lucky enough to put a deer in the back. If I had the PP with me instead I would not have hesitated to do the same. I did drive Ellie in to the woods quite a ways to pick up the deer, even with the extra ground clearance I don't think I would have done that with Polly.
Was this your Ellie I spotted the other day?
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Sky Vehicle registration plate

Registered
1 - 15 of 15 Posts