Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if that’s the correct verbiage...so here goes my explanation.

Question I’ve been meaning to ask- The 1 & 2 presets on the drivers door that save where your seat returns to, if I hit 1, it’s for me (5’ tall), it will go to 1. I set 2 for normal people like 6’ tall, that would drive my car like my Honda shop, tire store, etc...

However, when I hit 2 for them after I exit, they get in the car, it’s still on 2, but then they close the door and start the car, it goes back to 1 and their knees are smashed into the steering wheel?

Is this normal?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Heather, it’s my understanding that the presets .are for both keys. The keys are also numbered 1 and 2. The numbers on the door are for setting each key. So if you are using key 1 the seat goes to a preset position for driver 1 and the same goes for Key2.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heather, it’s my understanding that the presets .are for both keys. The keys are also numbered 1 and 2. The numbers on the door are for setting each key. So if you are using key 1 the seat goes to a preset position for driver 1 and the same goes for Key2.
Gotcha - thanks Wayne.
Next time I bring my Passport into someone I will bring them the spare key!

Heather

Reactions: WayneP

·
Registered
2 Posts
I joined this forum just to learn this... My GF bought a PP this year and I drive it on a fairly regular basis but I don't have my own keys. Whenever I get in the car it reverts to position 1 (my knees smushed) and I have to wait until it's finished moving before I can change it to position 2. Is there not some way to have the car simply go to the last position used? That would seem to make more sense.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Not sure this will help but if you can always use key #2 while your GF uses key #1. You will be able to set key 2 to position 2. The #s on the door correspond to the respective key #. When you unlock the door with key 2 the seat should go to position 2 for you. The system in my wife's BMW X3 works a little differently. I press position 2 before I get in and the seat stays there even though I use her key. You can also always just turn off auto seat memory but that kind of defeats paying for all of the convenience features!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure this will help but if you can always use key #2 while your GF uses key #1. You will be able to set key 2 to position 2. The #s on the door correspond to the respective key #. When you unlock the door with key 2 the seat should go to position 2 for you. The system in my wife's BMW X3 works a little differently. I press position 2 before I get in and the seat stays there even though I use her key. You can also always just turn off auto seat memory but that kind of defeats paying for all of the convenience features!
Thanks, I wasn't thinking of it as the door numbers corresponding to the keys but that makes sense if you have two people alternating driving the same car a lot. I still think there should be an option to have it just revert to the most recent position. To me, that would make the most sense. We don't live together and I definitely wouldn't want to try to keep track of any of her car keys. I'm often driving her car because we're taking her dogs out for a walk somewhere. She usually just keeps the keys in her purse or pocket.

I drive a Subaru Outback and it has two seat positions as well. It doesn't change position unless you press one of the buttons.

Edit: What would happen if both sets of keys were in the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ref LocalHero's question about both key fobs being in the car simultaneously. My wife and I open the car by touching door handle. How does computer know which of us is using driver seat.

after many instances of right mirror changing positions after driving a short distance, we have to adjust it to preset position manually. Stop and restart and mirror goes back to wrong position. There is something in manual about not setting one of positions to full back. Not sure whats up. I have turned off seat/mirror auto position and left on easy entry position upon opening door. At 6ft I need seat totally to rear. Wife pulls forward to match 5 7.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts