Honda Passport Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,539 Posts
I read all of the comments in this thread. I’m tall and don’t need them. I do rub my leg on them every time I get out of my car. However, my 67 year old mom has a lot of difficulty lifting her leg up and into my car. and the running boards help.

I really bought them on faith because none of the Passports or Pilots at the dealership had them and none of the pictures gave me much of an idea how wide they would be. I’m glad to report that there’s plenty of room for my size 11 foot.

I step ON to get IN with my toe, then OUT to with my heel? I might be using them wrong and never had running boards before, but that works for 5’ tall me.

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
450 Posts
To be honest I’m not sure how you’re supposed to do it. My mom stood on it with both feet then put one foot in the car after the other. She’s not short, she has trouble with her knees and lifting her leg high enough to get in.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,163 Posts
When entering/ exiting my buggy I generally step over the boards. When accessing my roof top cargo box I use them and the door jams / kind of stabilizing myself on each.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here's a novel idea ... ask Ms Blazin what she wants?
When momma's happy ....
Well, that’s the thing Mrs Blazin could not possibly care less so I’m free to spend (waste?) money how I choose.

I’m pretty dang lucky with her. She’s so low-maintenance she actually talked me into buying a Sport AWD instread of the EX-L. Everything I mentioned that was an upgrade she poo-pooed. “But the exl has heated seats like your BMW” -me

“well, didn’t you say the sport has cloth seats? I don’t need heated seats if we get cloth. And how hard is it to close the rear hatch without the assist button? Will it be too hard for me to close? No? Then I don’t need that!” Lol she’s a peach for sure.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,163 Posts
Sounds to me like she's made it obvious ... she don't want you to spend the money on a car item.
Maybe some jewelry instead?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just a follow-up. I called three dealers and the last one (about a 25 min drive) matched the cheapest online price of $299 for the black unlighted boards. I should be able to put them on Saturday as the weather is supposed to be nice. Good project for my 5 year old and I. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds to me like she's made it obvious ... she don't want you to spend the money on a car item.
Maybe some jewelry instead?
I’m telling you, she cares even less for jewelry than cars. I bought her Tiffany earrings one year for Christmas and, while she thought they were beautiful, went online and checked the price. After which she promptly asked me to send them back. The only jewelry she wears daily is her engagement ring. Now that was a pretty penny but worth every cent because it made her happy. She’s more of a clothing gal. Very particular about boots, coats/jackets and jeans.

Back to the buggy, I myself drive a new M3 and while it’s an amazing machine in every sense, there’s something I REALLY love about her passport. It’s such a great blend of capable, roomy and ride height. I’m quite impressed with this SUV. Our second place choice was a new highlander but at 196” it was a tad too big for us. Same for the Mazda CX-9. While it had the nicest interior of the 3, that bad boy is 199” long! Still shorter than the 226” suburban ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can anyone comment on if the aluminum (non die cast) running boards black color matched the flat black trim around the passport? Especially around the lower side and mud flaps fenders. It’s hard to tell but it’s almost looks more grey and lighter shade than the rest of the black trim pieces on the Passport. Really wanting a dark black. If not is the die cast darker? thanks

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,539 Posts
Did you look at the multiple photos?
Without painting both pieces, they will not be an exact match.
For what they are, you can’t get much closer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you look at the multiple photos?
Without painting both pieces, they will not be an exact match.
For what they are, you can’t get much closer.
Thanks. I looked at sooo many and I couldn’t come to a good conclusion. Some has poor lighting and other I couldn’t tell if the flat board vs upright pieces on car was changing the look. Figured I’d ask owners before dropping the cash. I hoped that since these were made for passport with the logo that would color match the mudflaps and side plastic. Surprised it isn’t to be honest.

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
297 Posts
Thanks. I looked at sooo many and I couldn’t come to a good conclusion. Some has poor lighting and other I couldn’t tell if the flat board vs upright pieces on car was changing the look. Figured I’d ask owners before dropping the cash. I hoped that since these were made for passport with the logo that would color match the mudflaps and side plastic. Surprised it isn’t to be honest.
I have the die cast and because of the texture it gives them a mat look like the trim pieces.
I love the die cast ones, very sturdy and the non-slip texture is really good. I got them so my 4’10” 90 year old mother can get in and out. I posted a photo of mine below. And I have the Honda mud flaps also.

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
366 Posts
Useful for my family and helps me load and unload stuff from the roof now that I added a roof rack.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Useful for my family and helps me load and unload stuff from the roof now that I added a roof rack.
View attachment 11554
Are those the OEM window visors? That looks pretty good. Any wind noise from them? I had a set on my honda Fit for several years and really liked having it since it rains a lot in FL

Love the look of your passport! Lift kit?

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
366 Posts
@gd3Fit

Yes, they are OEM window visors. No noise and everything lined up perfect when I installed them. Lots of rain here as well!

Thanks! I really enjoy my PP. I'm shocked on how many compliments I get when I'm out. It's not lifted.

·
Registered
53 Posts
@gd3Fit

Yes, they are OEM window visors. No noise and everything lined up perfect when I installed them. Lots of rain here as well!

Thanks! I really enjoy my PP. I'm shocked on how many compliments I get when I'm out. It's not lifted.
Thank you for your visor input. I will save the part in my cart at oem part source haha.

Compliments are well deserved. I love the wheels too. It must be the wheel tire combo that makes it look lifted and super rugged.

I had a white integra in college with bronzish color rims and to me that combo is just amazing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious, to those who have running boards, do you find them useful? Are you able to fit your foot on them pretty well? Do they help you get up over the edge of the seat so you’re not dragging across the edge? Lastly, plastic or die cast?

Thanks all!
I think it is useful. Running boards can help block the debris and protect your vehicle from damage. Running boards also help keep the interior of your vehicle clean. They act as a sort of doormat and allow passengers to wipe dirt off their feet before getting into your truck or SUV.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts