Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nope, 6'3" Running boards are pretty much just a foot catcher for me and my grown kids who are 6'4", 6'5" and 6'3" respectively. The wife at 5'7" is good without them as well.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
180 Posts
That’s why I’m considering them. My wife is 4’ 11”. Also, my mom has trouble getting in and out of my current Pilot.

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
Running boards also provide a more rough and outdoorsy look and prevent rocks from hitting your lower door panels while driving on dirt roads...

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had running boards on my 2012 Pilot, and my wife has them on her vehicle. I’m tall, and I find them to be a hindrance, always having to step over them without having my dress slacks or khakis run up against them, which isn’t always easy. Very happy not to deal with that in this car.

my advice is to get them only if you need the step up. Otherwise, you’ll tire of them quickly.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Running boards also provide a more rough and outdoorsy look and prevent rocks from hitting your lower door panels while driving on dirt roads...

Conversly many have been damaged by off-roading. I found boards necessary on my truck and helpful on my PP (to reach into the roof box).

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had 2008 highlander for over 12 years and never thought about getting boards. Not sure what the exact sit height is but feels like 1-2 inches difference between HL and PP. I thought that I may damage front sit eventually if I keep scooting.... I am 5.8 and over 50 years now so it will not get any easier in the future either. I installed boards within a month and pretty happy I did so.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
180 Posts
I had 2008 highlander for over 12 years and never thought about getting boards. Not sure what the exact sit height is but feels like 1-2 inches difference between HL and PP. I thought that I may damage front sit eventually if I keep scooting.... I am 5.8 and over 50 years now so it will not get any easier in the future either. I installed boards within a month and pretty happy I did so.
I have a tough time swinging my right leg into my SUVs, so I have to get running boards on my new PP. Otherwise, I’d skip them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am 5'3"" and absolutely love them. Can I get in and out without them? Yes. Do I want to? No. I ordered them on my new Passport, and they put the plastic-looking ones on. I switched them for the die-cast for looks only, but am glad I did. Wouldn't change my mind at all.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts