Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Since I took delivery of my Passport, I've noticed that the driver-side roof rail wasn't completely fastened down / not fully seated in the rubber seal to the roof. This past weekend I was driving with the audio system off and I could hear wind noise coming from that area. I fixed it last night by unscrewing the Torx screw holding that front cap piece down.. I check the roof mounts (they were tight) and then refastened the cap. Noticing it is held on with plastic push clips and locked in with the screw I pushed it all together and smacked it with the palm of my hand. Snap, right into the channel and fully seated! Tightened the screw. All set and no more wind noise! Very relieved!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasn't anything dangerous, but more of a sight/sound thing. When I wash my Passport in the drive, I'd always notice the gap on the drivers side and it bugged me. Then I noticed the wind noise lately and that was it. I had to take it apart and fix it or run it into the dealer. I don't like others, especially dealers, touching (fixing) my car! I figured out how it was put on the vehicle at assembly and went from there. Was glad it was just not seated in the clips completely. Easy fix, but you need a ladder to get up there. I actually opened my sunroof, stood in the Passport and worked out of that! ?

Reactions: dek and scooter1
1 - 4 of 4 Posts