Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I personally think there are better wearing tires out there for better prices.
Probably true Jason, but I drive at high speeds through all kinds of sleet and snow and the Conti's are a little more expensive, but I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I've been a Michelin guy for years and still like them, but the OEM Conti's do the trick. :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Probably true Jason, but I drive at high speeds through all kinds of sleet and snow and the Conti's are a little more expensive, but I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I've been a Michelin guy for years and still like them, but the OEM Conti's do the trick. :)
If you go to tirerack, the LX Sports don't have the best reviews compare to other tires in similar price ranges with better wear resistance.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I love when you ask for something, dealerships say...eh, don't need it, or only need half. It can be as simple as this, a tire rotation, you didn't ask for just 2, and you paid for all 4.😠
And if you chose to vary from the plan they'd hold it aganist you in a warranty dispute, but hey "our expert in tire wear" can decide whatever he wants.

·
Registered
'21 EX-L Modern Steel
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh, this just keeps getting better on the RF. Have new Michelins on order from Costco. Thats a whole other story.....keep getting install pushed back cause the tires never show up. They are using NTW to source the Primacys. Anyway, a friend of mine just started running the service dept at a different Honda dealership. I'm working with them on getting a appt to have the suspension looked at by another set of eyes.

Now have 27,300 on the clock.
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
589 Posts
Oh, this just keeps getting better on the RF. Have new Michelins on order from Costco. Thats a whole other story.....keep getting install pushed back cause the tires never show up. They are using NTW to source the Primacys. Anyway, a friend of mine just started running the service dept at a different Honda dealership. I'm working with them on getting a appt to have the suspension looked at by another set of eyes.

Now have 27,300 on the clock. View attachment 16617
The wear doesn’t look too bad but the chunks coming off is rather weird. What’s your tire pressure?
The outside does look a bit more worn than usual. Maybe wrong camber and a bit of excessive toe?

·
Registered
'21 EX-L Modern Steel
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
38psi cold. I agree with the suspension issue. I have a rattle and clunk coming from the front when I go over bumps or speed humps. Last dealership said its fine. I say.....nope

·
Registered
589 Posts
38psi cold. I agree with the suspension issue. I have a rattle and clunk coming from the front when I go over bumps or speed humps. Last dealership said its fine. I say.....nope
Could be bad ball joints which changes the camber or toe settings as you drive. Since Honda has none adjustable camber in the front, a bad ball joint will show up as excessive camber.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts