Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
'21 EX-L Modern Steel
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 21 EX-L. I want to put in ambient lighting and illuminated cup holders, however I would like to put in the blue ones that come in the Pilot and Ridgeline. Before I spend money from the parts dept, I was wondering if anyone has done this or has suggestions on part numbers.

· Registered
'21 EX-L Modern Steel
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So maybe I'm crazy, I went with the actual part for the passport. I would like to think that most of these accessories are interchangeable with the ridgeline/pilot. Thought is to use factory accessories, yet have a little bit of uniqueness. Anyone have insight?

· Registered
'21 EX-L AWD 18" Ridgeline Wheels, 265/60 Cooper AT3 4S, Curt Hitch, Dashcam
37 Posts
So maybe I'm crazy, I went with the actual part for the passport. I would like to think that most of these accessories are interchangeable with the ridgeline/pilot. Thought is to use factory accessories, yet have a little bit of uniqueness. Anyone have insight?
Did you get a chance to try installing the lights?
I'm sure there are quite a number of interchangeable items.

· Registered
'21 EX-L Modern Steel
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you get a chance to try installing the lights?
I'm sure there are quite a number of interchangeable items.
So yeah, I ended up getting the one with the white lights. The potential problem I saw was the passport has screws for the push button shift to attach to the center console. I was not sure if the Ridgeline one would allow the push button shifter to attach, since up until this year the were actual shifters.

Like many of the other threads, I will agree, the lights are not impressive. However, I just wanted a little something due to the fact that I spend a lot of time on dark back roads.

· Registered
'21 EX-L Modern Steel
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So just a FYI update on the lighted cup holders. The white was boring, and since that's the only color the cup holder lights come in for the PP, I got creative with my local parts manager. We did a little research and assumed that the Ridgeline LED head for the cup holders were the same, and in fact they are. So I ordered a blue one and changed out just the head under the cup holder, so now my cup holders are blue. The neat thing is, if you want red you would order the head from a Black Edition Ridgeline and your cup holders will be red. Its a easy change. If anyone is curious and your parts manager at your dealership does not understand what you want to do or won't, let me know and I can give you the part numbers or point you in his direction, they will ship, I checked.

· 2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,820 Posts
How about some night pictures showing the color?

Reactions: PNWGarageDad

· Registered
'21 EX-L Modern Steel
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, camera is not that great at night. Both pics have the brightness at full. The first pic is just what my camera did on its own, the Second is with night sight on, so it fools you to think that they are super bright. They are not, It is a soft glow. It does illuminate all the way around.
Lighting Gadget Audio equipment Font Electricity
Automotive lighting Electricity Gas Audio equipment Tints and shades

· Registered
3 Posts
I just got my 21 EX-L. I want to put in ambient lighting and illuminated cup holders, however I would like to put in the blue ones that come in the Pilot and Ridgeline. Before I spend money from the parts dept, I was wondering if anyone has done this or has suggestions on part numbers.
Hello I have a question do you know if I can do this on my 2017 Pilot with a shifer not 6 speed Electric

· Registered
'21 EX-L Modern Steel
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can this be installed on every 2021 pp trim level including the sport?
Yes. The harnesses for the lighted cup holders and wireless charging accessory are under your shifter, regardless of the trim.

Very easy to install. Myself or one of the other community members can walk you through it if you need assistance.

· Registered
'21 EX-L Modern Steel
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes. The harnesses for the lighted cup holders and wireless charging accessory are under your shifter, regardless of the trim
Hello I have a question do you know if I can do this on my 2017 Pilot with a shifer not 6 speed Electric
Sorry, I don't know, but that's a good question.

· Registered
5 Posts
So just a FYI update on the lighted cup holders. The white was boring, and since that's the only color the cup holder lights come in for the PP, I got creative with my local parts manager. We did a little research and assumed that the Ridgeline LED head for the cup holders were the same, and in fact they are. So I ordered a blue one and changed out just the head under the cup holder, so now my cup holders are blue. The neat thing is, if you want red you would order the head from a Black Edition Ridgeline and your cup holders will be red. Its a easy change. If anyone is curious and your parts manager at your dealership does not understand what you want to do or won't, let me know and I can give you the part numbers or point you in his direction, they will ship, I checked.
The white light is also hard on night vision. I want to slap the engineers who put white lights in the dash of the Passport or any vehicle.

I just dismantled the cup holder section of my Passport and came to the same conclusion the difference is the light assembly. Ridgeline Black Edition Light assembly is part number 34760-T6Z-A01. For those wondering how this works the ring around the cupholder is fiber optic cord. The light assembly projects a light and the cupholder ring changes color. If someone is creative with stuff you could take a multi-color LED and put it in and have the cupholder ring change colors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts