Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of these reviews from so called “experts” blah blah blah.
We are all car experts in reviewing vehicles because, we have the necessary tools, butt, back, eyes, age, perception. A 18 year old will look at our Passport differently then a 80 year old because of perception.
My Passport is the BEST vehicle I have ever owned, but look what I am comparing it too, “50 years” of vehicles that at the time had cigarette lighters & ash tray’s, no cup holders, manual choke, crank windows, no backup lights, AM radio, no air conditioning.
So in my own little world where I run over curbs when getting on the road, gas door open while listening to the 60’s in my Passport, enjoying life and all of its treasures think, that this is the BEST vehicle I have ever owned?

Reactions: James Adonis

·
Registered
892 Posts
We are all car experts in reviewing vehicles because, we have the necessary tools, butt, back, eyes, age, perception. A 18 year old will look at our Passport differently then a 80 year old because of perception.
My Passport is the BEST vehicle I have ever owned, but look what I am comparing it too, “50 years” of vehicles that at the time had cigarette lighters & ash tray’s, no cup holders, manual choke, crank windows, no backup lights, AM radio, no air conditioning.
So in my own little world where I run over curbs when getting on the road, gas door open while listening to the 60’s in my Passport, enjoying life and all of its treasures think, that this is the BEST vehicle I have ever owned?
GaryDahl, mentioning all the features cars of the '50s and '60s had is like a trip down memory lane. Considering all the technology and safety that has been designed into the Passport it's astonishing when you think of it. I seriously wonder if I'll ever use all of it. However, we are paying for it. A fully equipped sedan of 1960 cost about $4k. Compare that to our PP Elite @ $40/44k.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,821 Posts
Don't forget the 8-Track player...!

·
Registered
154 Posts
1. You forgot 'balls'.
2. Whether I buy a PP or not the best cars I have owned were the first generation of the Oldsmobile Aurora - a 1967 and a 1969. They had a four year, 50,000 mile basic warranty. Bought'm used after two years with prox 25000 miles and about $12,000 - $14,000 below MSRP. Put an additional 80,000 miles on each with no problems.
3. If I do get a PP I'll order a CD player...........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts