Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the rear door checkers on my Ridgeline with the ones from the front doors allowing the rear doors to open wider for easier access. Im curious if this would also work on the Passport. I have looked and the part number for the checker is the same for the Ridgeline, Pilot and Passport.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have replaced the rear door checkers on my Ridgeline with the ones from the front doors allowing the rear doors to open wider for easier access. Im curious if this would also work on the Passport. I have looked and the part number for the checker is the same for the Ridgeline, Pilot and Passport.
That is smart! I miss my element doors besides them hitting me in the butt!

·
Registered
570 Posts
My neighbor has a Ridgeline and replaced the rear door checkers. He saw my Passport and said that it opens wider stock than his Ridgeline prior to replacement. That is, not necessary.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I replaced mine yesterday on my 2020 EX-L. I followed a YouTube video published in April 2020 about a G2 Ridgeline and used the same door checker parts. It took me less than 45 minutes for both doors and the door opening went from 39" to 44.5". I can now load a second large dog crate in through the back door instead of moving the one permanently near the liftgate to get a second crate in.
Video description lists both part numbers needed. About $11 each from Bernardi Parts.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I did that mod too. Quick and easy. Wider access makes it better for old people. The '17 CR-V we had would open almost a full 90 deg. Got spoiled by that feature.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
825 Posts
I replaced mine yesterday on my 2020 EX-L. I followed a YouTube video published in April 2020 about a G2 Ridgeline and used the same door checker parts. It took me less than 45 minutes for both doors and the door opening went from 39" to 44.5". I can now load a second large dog crate in through the back door instead of moving the one permanently near the liftgate to get a second crate in.
Video description lists both part numbers needed. About $11 each from Bernardi Parts.
No link to the video? 🙂

·
Registered
Not your typical 'StormTrooper'
310 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts