Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone yet purchased a replacement key fob and had it programmed? If yes, what were the costs (hardware / coding)?

TIA

GG

·
Registered
201 Posts
No direct answer, but...
When I bought my new Passport the dealer offered me 2 different extended warranties.
One by Honda, with zero key/fob replacement and a 2nd one by some third party company that did have key/fob replacement (for a $25 deductible) within the 1st year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone yet purchased a replacement key fob and had it programmed? If yes, what were the costs (hardware / coding)?

TIA

GG

I thought I was going to have to replace the #2 driver key & fob earlier this year, and the key and fob itself was something like $47, but getting it programmed was something like $175. The total was going to be right around $250 ... but thankfully the #2 driver found their keys. The dealer told me that most owners don't differentiate between the driver keys, but for me that's an important feature.

·
Registered
201 Posts
There are quit a few of these conveniences.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. I found an eBay key for ~$60, and was wondering what the incremental programming costs could be. Thanks for sharing.

GG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts