Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2021 Passport Elite. Everything I've read says it is compatible with all plans on HondaLink. I bit the bullet & bought the "remote" package only to see there is no button in the app to start the car & make cabin settings as described. Has anyone else had that issue? App is dated Dec2022. Ready to cancel and just use remote start on key fob although that didn't work when the temps went below freezing.

· Registered
2021 Touring AWD
54 Posts
I was a little bit miffed about that after I got mine. It seems that most new Honda products do support remote start via app, but the Pilot and Passport do not. I have no idea what the reasoning for that is. Especially annoying when less expensive cars like my friend's Ford Escape has it included.

As for it not working when it got cold, there are certain criteria that need to be met for it to work. Make sure your battery is fully charged.

· Registered
907 Posts
Anyone found a good aftermarket option? there are some alarms that can start automatically by temp drop or by battery voltage drop - that could be really useful
Indeed there are such systems. However, if a remote monitoring system starts the Passport whenever the voltage of the AGM battery drops, the system would also have to drive the Passport cross country before the battery is charged well enough to be reliable again.

· Registered
11 Posts
Indeed there are such systems. However, if a remote monitoring system starts the Passport whenever the voltage of the AGM battery drops, the system would also have to drive the Passport cross country before the battery is charged well enough to be reliable again.
its better be running and saying so over the app than you'd find out the dead battery when you in need to drive somewhere.

· Registered
907 Posts
its better be running and saying so over the app than you'd find out the dead battery when you in need to drive somewhere.
It's seems you don't understand, the battery/charging system used in the Passport's needs several hours of driving before it attains any reasonable charge level, if you have a system that autimatically starts your Passport up after detecting that the battery is about to die, that system will only end up draining the tank without achieving the intended purpose. If you are concerned about battery drain It's better to connect a trickle charger to the vehicle.

· Registered
2023 TrailSport
7 Posts
Remote start is not supported for the Passport in the HondaLink app. I suggest you contact Honda and get your money back.
As for using the fob it should work in all temps as long as the signal reaches the car.
What’s the approximate range of the remote? Also, do you get feedback on the remote when using it to start the car? Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts