Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - new Passport, three days ownership with 214 miles. Oil life shows 50%. How can this be with only 214 miles??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I didn't think about that. I thought the MM was calculated solely on miles.Date of manufacture is 03/19 - 10,363

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hello - new Passport, three days ownership with 214 miles. Oil life shows 50%. How can this be with only 214 miles??
Either it wasn’t set to 100% from factory or the dealership you bought it from ran it at idle for a longtime. Wouldn’t be surprised if salesmen sat in it with it running for heat or AC and music.. Either way I’d make the dealership do a free oil change, not just reset the maintenance minder.

·
Registered
124 Posts
With the car sitting for 7 months , im sure the oil naturally degraded over time . The MM is just doing its job and letting you know the car needs attention soon. Is this the dealers fault? NO. Is this the manufactures fault? NO. Should you get a FREE oil change from the dealer? NO. Does it hurt to REQUEST a FREE oil change? NO,... i would advise you contact the dealer, speak with your Salesman and request a courtesy oil change.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I didn’t think the maintenance minder calculated non-usage time, I thought that’s why they put the disclosure in the manual saying to change the engine oil every year if you don’t reach the 5% within 12 months. I could be wrong ?‍♂

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Hondo. Unless this Passport was driven like a dog for the first 177 miles before I took delivery, there is no way it should be reading 50% remaining oil life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts