Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting the following accessories for my new Passport, but have some concerns:

1. The Body Side Molding. Dealer price is $286.65. It seems like this is mounted very low since it's a door ding protector. I wonder if it would even have any benefit, but I definitely want some protection from door dings.

2. All season floor mats (high wall) Dealer price is $190.05. Love having these in snowy/slushy areas. Are the dealer ones any better or worse than the WeatherTec?

3. Roof rails $572.25 . I plan on carrying bikes and maybe luggage. I think I need the Honda rails, then everything else I can get aftermarket. Is that correct?

Thanks!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Check out College Hills Honda for prices.

I did cast iron running boards, seatback protectors, rubber floor mats, rubber rear cargo protector and both vinyl door sill and rear door sill protectors. All Honda parts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,418 Posts
What are the seat back and door sill protectors?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Here they are....

Reactions: rickarino

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,418 Posts
Here they are....

Those are a nice add!

Reactions: rickarino

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,036 Posts
I have the Passport Door Sill protectors, they look nice and protect the painted door sills from being scratched when entering and exiting the vehile.

I also highly recommend the WeatherTech Floor Liners over the OEM ones, as other have said the OEM ones do not cover the dead-foot pedal and also may not cover as much as the WeatherTechs, now someone (here) mentioned the WeatherTech Floor lines feel Cheap or plasticy (I can't recall the actual wording), but I like them just fine and my feet can't tell the difference...!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm considering getting the following accessories for my new Passport, but have some concerns:

1. The Body Side Molding. Dealer price is $286.65. It seems like this is mounted very low since it's a door ding protector. I wonder if it would even have any benefit, but I definitely want some protection from door dings.

2. All season floor mats (high wall) Dealer price is $190.05. Love having these in snowy/slushy areas. Are the dealer ones any better or worse than the WeatherTec?

3. Roof rails $572.25 . I plan on carrying bikes and maybe luggage. I think I need the Honda rails, then everything else I can get aftermarket. Is that correct?

Thanks!
Body Side Moldings- I ordered the OEM side moldings and also thought they were too low so I installed them about 3" higher than the factory recommended position, I like them that way. Here are a couple of pics:

Winter Mats- I had both and the Weathertech Mats win hands down, especially the drivers mat that gives much more protection around the dead pedal.

·
3,036 Posts
Ugh, body side moldings are hideous but do serve the purpose...
I too am not enamored with they way the OEM Body Side Moldings look, and that was a huge factor in me adding the Running Boards, in hopes that it will at least make the brain-deads that open their car doors into you slow down and THINK!

That being said, I really dislike the PROFILE of the OEM Side Moldings and IF I was to add them, first I would look for an after-market maker, I would want them with a flat profile about 2" to 2-1/2" wide and NOT be painted the same color as my PP, I would want them Black so I could Amor-All them and they would blend in with all the other black items on the PP.

A co-worker has a RAV-4 with coloring matching Side Moldings and he has dozens of little paint chips where people have opened their doors into his car, and while it does prove that they are doing there job, if they were non-painted they would not be showing all the damage..

my 2 cents

·
Registered
434 Posts
I too am not enamored with they way the OEM Body Side Moldings look, and that was a huge factor in me adding the Running Boards, in hopes that it will at least make the brain-deads that open their car doors into you slow down and THINK!

That being said, I really dislike the PROFILE of the OEM Side Moldings and IF I was to add them, first I would look for an after-market maker, I would want them with a flat profile about 2" to 2-1/2" wide and NOT be painted the same color as my PP, I would want them Black so I could Amor-All them and they would blend in with all the other black items on the PP.

A co-worker has a RAV-4 with coloring matching Side Moldings and he has dozens of little paint chips where people have opened their doors into his car, and while it does prove that they are doing there job, if they were non-painted they would not be showing all the damage..

my 2 cents
I’m with you, I would love to have black (not black painted) side moldings so they contrast my silver with the rest of the black trimming.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Body Side Moldings- I ordered the OEM side moldings and also thought they were too low so I installed them about 3" higher than the factory recommended position, I like them that way. Here are a couple of pics: View attachment 3797 View attachment 3798

Winter Mats- I had both and the Weathertech Mats win hands down, especially the drivers mat that gives much more protection around the dead pedal.
Body Side Moldings- I ordered the OEM side moldings and also thought they were too low so I installed them about 3" higher than the factory recommended position, I like them that way. Here are a couple of pics: View attachment 3797 View attachment 3798

Do they seem like they will help in this position?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Do they seem like they will help in this position?
They will definitely protect it better than in the stock position. They might have been a bit more protective if installed a bit higher but I did not like the look when installed higher up on the doors

·
Registered
183 Posts

my 2 cents
A better way of it not showing up is to park it further away in the parking lot...exercise is good for the soul.

·
3,036 Posts
A better way of it not showing up is to park it further away in the parking lot...exercise is good for the soul.
Oh yeah, I typically park way out there, but I get a ton of crap from the Mrs. who sees walking as a chore instead of the added exercise...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Oh yeah, I typically park way out there, but I get a ton of crap from the Mrs. who sees walking as a chore instead of the added exercise...
Lol...Drop her off at the front door and then park....will give you a few minutes extra free time.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Lol...Drop her off at the front door and then park....will give you a few minutes extra free time.
That’s what I always do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts