Honda Passport Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
I dropped mine ('20 EX-L) off Monday at 10:30am and it's still not finished 2 days later. They ended up giving me a tiny Civic hatch as a loaner and after many failed updates they're waiting on parts. I'm not a happy camper right now.
WOW, I'm sorry to hear this. That totally sucks. After reading the procedure for this recall the only "part" that the dealer could be waiting on is a new "gauge control module." There a numerous notices within the procedure that if done incorrectly could result in damage to the module.
Hopefully they will be receiving a gauge control module that is already updated and will only have to install in your Passport. 馃

Registered
'20 Passport EX-L AWD (Modern Steel/Black)
WOW, I'm sorry to hear this. That totally sucks. After reading the procedure for this recall the only "part" that the dealer could be waiting on is a new "gauge control module." There a numerous notices within the procedure that if done incorrectly could result in damage to the module.
Hopefully they will be receiving a gauge control module that is already updated and will only have to install in your Passport. 馃
Apparently it was their "machine" no parts were needed. It took me 3 days to get my car back but best believe I ended up using the ENTIRE tank of gas in that loaner before I returned it 馃槀

Reactions: GeoBella

Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
I dropped mine ('20 EX-L) off Monday at 10:30am and it's still not finished 2 days later. They ended up giving me a tiny Civic hatch as a loaner and after many failed updates they're waiting on parts. I'm not a happy camper right now.
Sorry to hear this. I bet the Civic is a reality check on how awesome your Passport is!

And this is reason #6, I am not rushing to take my passport with no issues in for a recall.

Registered
And this is reason #6, I am not rushing to take my passport with no issues in for a recall.
You may not have had the issue yet, but why take the chance. What if you got the failure and were distracted so much you were involved in an accident?

It sounds like the dealership got a defective reflash tool. It's electronics, those things happen - even tho it passed inspection before being shipped. Just ask the dealership if they have performed this update on other vehicles if you want insurance it goes better than it did for NewZ05.

I also asked for the TCU update - SB 20-029 while I was there. Explained the symptoms. They did it no questions asked.

Super Moderator
You may not have had the issue yet, but why take the chance. What if you got the failure and were distracted so much you were involved in an accident?

It sounds like the dealership got a defective reflash tool. It's electronics, those things happen - even tho it passed inspection before being shipped. Just ask the dealership if they have performed this update on other vehicles if you want insurance it goes better than it did for NewZ05.

I also asked for the TCU update - SB 20-029 while I was there. Explained the symptoms. They did it no questions asked.
I鈥榲e had zero issues with any of the electronics, infotainment center, etc...since my purchase in April 2019 and about 9500 miles. If there was going to be something wrong, it would have happened by now. In fact the only real issue I had was 鈥渢he clunk鈥 - and that got fixed in February no thanks to the dealer who couldn鈥檛 fix it, and the low battery alert which is an app the dealer put on my phone. There is nothing wrong with my battery either after being tested about a dozen times now.

I have also read more and more about people taking their Passport in for the recall and they had no issues, and after leaving the dealer they now have them. Or people taking it in and they do not get fixed after being there for several days even!

Reactions: tomupnorth

Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
I've had no issues either, but hanging out on this forum has me worried that it's only a matter of time. If replacing the FAKRA connector, as mentioned in the Service Bulletin 20-058 really does fix all of the potential issues, then should I consider getting Honda to do it as preventative maintenance?

Registered
I've had no issues either, but hanging out on this forum has me worried that it's only a matter of time. If replacing the FAKRA connector, as mentioned in the Service Bulletin 20-058 really does fix all of the potential issues, then should I consider getting Honda to do it as preventative maintenance?
Maybe a little early to make a call on that, until we see all the pages of 20-058. And see what feedback comes from those that had this done with the speaker problems.

Registered
I tend to agree with ProdGirl. My Passport purchased in March 2019 (#155 off the line) has had no problems with speakers or dash displays, so I'm reluctant to fix something that's not broken. I do get the occasion clunk in the transmission upshifting around 25-30 mph so I may ask about that when I go in for my next oil change (currently getting the 15% oil life warning for B1 service).

Reactions: ProdGirl

Super Moderator
Btw - on another Passport group (yes, I鈥檓 moonlighting). Dude just picked up his passport this afternoon and driving home this happened. He took it in because Honda said his was recalled. No issues at all...Until they 鈥榝ixed鈥 it.

Registered
I do get the occasion clunk in the transmission upshifting around 25-30 mph so I may ask about that when I go in for my next oil change (currently getting the 15% oil life warning for B1 service).
If you just tell them about the 'clunk' they will probably tell you that's normal. (the famous dog clutch shift)
This TCU uses adaptive logic and my complaint was we have 2 drivers with different driving habits.
My wife makes more short trips than I do and when I drove it, I got the 'intermittent harsh or jerky upshifts' just like the SB stated. I drove home after the update and I'm very sensitive to 'feel' and I have to say the shifts felt more normal.
Being adaptive, it's too bad they didn't have enough logic to accommodate key1 or key 2's driving habits.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts