Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a guy at work who’s a big Mopar fan. He’s got a Ram 1500 Rebel with the V8 Hemi with an cold air intake and a cat-back exhaust. He was talking a little smack that he’d demolish me since he’s got 395 HP

We raced 3 times. 2 from a dig and 1 from a roll. The Passport took the W every time.

He seemed pretty impressed with the Honda. YouTube video will be uploaded once I get home. Fun races in Mexico!

Finally got to it:

·
Registered
156 Posts
id rather push a honda then drive a mopar

·
Registered
156 Posts
ya key word is new after 5 years not so much

·
Registered
156 Posts
the top trims do have nice interiors tho

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,163 Posts
I'm gonna be the jerk and state this upfront, I disapprove of that kind of behavior.
Take it to the tract.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately he won with sound. It’s hard to hear in the video, but his truck sounded amazing.

BTW chase car was a 2018 GTI with a tune.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Very nice. Passport is pretty quick for a mid sized SUV. I think I want mine just a little quicker though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
In the 70's Honda's slogan was "We make it simple".
Little did we know then that they didn't break either.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Traded in my Ram for the Passport, while I really like the PP I do miss my truck,I guess once a truck guy always a truck guy. They both suck equally when it comes to gas consumption though. New Ram's are not the Dodges of yester-year, there pretty solid and reliable nowadays. An yes you cant beat the sound of a V8 :)

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,163 Posts
Traded in my Ram for the Passport, while I really like the PP I do miss my truck,I guess once a truck guy always a truck guy. What I really miss about the Ram for me personally is I found it better in snow (I equip all my vehicles with snow tires). They both suck equally when it comes to gas consumption though. New Ram's are not the Dodges of yester-year, there pretty solid and reliable nowadays. An yes you cant beat the sound of a V8 :)
Are you comparing a 4wd truck to a 2 wheel FWD Passport?

A pickup is better in the snow? That's contrary to what I remember from way back when (driving in Maine, mid 60s).

Back then front wheel drive Subies (wearing old biased ply tires) would eat any truck up; add in 4wd/AWD and it'd tear up a snow covered hill. All without running snow tires - nor the need to weigh down the rear axle.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm in agreement with you. I've had two pickups over the years and the only way I could get any traction in the snow was to load the bed with sandbags.

·
Registered
923 Posts
That was my understanding too. The center of gravity on a pick-up is so far forward, e.g. 60/40 or so, or even higher, that traction with only rear-wheel drive in snow is less than positive.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts