Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went through the car wash today and the rear wiper was broken off . Searched the internet for the basics of replacing but nothing specific to the Passport. Didn’t really find anything here except for someone with the same problem but nothing on replacing the arm.

Pics attached

Looking for input from other Passport owners on replacing the arm myself. Looks like a fairly easy process from what I read and watched a few videos on – but none were specific to the Passport so seeing if I’m missing something:

1. Tape location of wiper – I don’t have much to work with, but should be able to work around with the nub.
2. Remove the nut.
3. Using a wiper arm/battery terminal puller [ie don’t wiggle or use a claw hammer], remove the broken off piece of the arm
4. Clean up any corrosion
5. Align new arm on fitting. Install on stud. Tighten nut.

Any “hidden” stuff I’m missing like adjusting other than lining up the spine? Any Passport specific videos I couldn’t find? Any recommendations on a good wiper arm removal tool? Am I just better off having a dealer replace the arm due to PITA and having to buy the arm puller?

I still have the wiper blade – which I can likely remove and put into the new arm assembly I would think.

Also, looking for what part to order – looks like the Honda part is this – but I assume someone in the parts dept would point me to everything I need.

Many thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
You have the correct part number for the wiper arm. It's a simple install and replacement instructions are largely universal across most vehicles. A 12mm socket should get the nut off, then you pull out the broken piece and replace with the new arm. If you wear work gloves you should be able to wriggle the broken piece free after tapping it a little with a rubber mallet or something soft, if you use tools to pull the broken piece instead of your gloved hand then use with extreme caution or you might crack the glass.
The last time I replaced a wiper arm on Pilot, after removing the nut securing the arm, I sprayed a little WD-40 on the stud to help loosed the calcium and debris buildup in the joint between the arm and the stud, after the arm came off I washed the WD-40 off and dried before putting the new arm on. The hole in the arm is vertically threaded to match the ribbed stud in the wiper motor so watch out that you line the arm in the correct resting position.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the heck of it I tried removing the nut. It was also fairly easy to pull out the remaining piece of the arm. Easier than I thought.

Now to get a new arm. Likely stop at the local Honda dealer tomorrow.

For reference the nut is 10mm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts