Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Very happy new owner of a pearl white Elite. Coming from a Ridgeline, still have motorcycles but never carry more than one at a time and a hitch haul is so much easier to load by myself that it was time to jump on the SUV train.

The front speakers seem pretty good, I am okay with the sound, but the rear ones sound muddy and not nearly as loud. When I switch from full front to full rear the volume is only maybe 25% as loud.

It's so bad that I think something is wrong, but wanted to ask if this seemed normal for the rears (both in the rear doors and the tweeters in the cargo area) are not nearly as loud as the fronts.

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi everyone,

Very happy new owner of a pearl white Elite. Coming from a Ridgeline, still have motorcycles but never carry more than one at a time and a hitch haul is so much easier to load by myself that it was time to jump on the SUV train.

The front speakers seem pretty good, I am okay with the sound, but the rear ones sound muddy and not nearly as loud. When I switch from full front to full rear the volume is only maybe 25% as loud.

It's so bad that I think something is wrong, but wanted to ask if this seemed normal for the rears (both in the rear doors and the tweeters in the cargo area) are not nearly as loud as the fronts.

Thanks
Yep, the low door location makes the rear doors sound muffled and the rear speakers are just tiny little guys for mod and high fill. Try sitting on back seat and make sure the rear doors speakers are working well though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, the low door location makes the rear doors sound muffled and the rear speakers are just tiny little guys for mod and high fill. Try sitting on back seat and make sure the rear doors speakers are working well though.
Do your rears sound about as loud as your fronts? When I go full front, it is significantly louder than the rears. If I set the fader to middle and sit in the back, I can barely hear the rears (either rear door or tweeters in the cargo area.)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Do your rears sound about as loud as your fronts? When I go full front, it is significantly louder than the rears. If I set the fader to middle and sit in the back, I can barely hear the rears (either rear door or tweeters in the cargo area.)
There is an audio test you can run from the touchscreen in diag mode. Pressing power home and back for a few seconds I believe loads diag mode. You night need to confirm those buttons, that's just from memory.

·
Registered
434 Posts
There is an audio test you can run from the touchscreen in diag mode. Pressing power home and back for a few seconds I believe loads diag mode. You night need to confirm those buttons, that's just from memory.
Edit: hold power/volume, home, and day/night buttons down all at once.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I tried that, and all speakers work and sound even during the test, but with music the rear is still so much less powerful. So odd.
Might disable ANC as a test.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks! I tried that, and all speakers work and sound even during the test, but with music the rear is still so much less powerful. So odd.
Might disable ANC as a test.
I confirm your finding. The gain is a bit low for whatever reason on the rear doors. The position low on the door behind the seats doesn't help. A bit of rear balance helps. The Honda engineers may have opted to keep them mostly as fill to keep the soundstage clear up front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts