Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to make everyone aware or a rear door leak in my car. Happens between the plastic door cover and the metal door.
Dealer is replacing components of the window and trimming. Parts are ordered. Once I get the part list I will update this.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not from the drain holes in the door. It is coming from behind the plastic cover inside the car. After it rains the water gets trapped in between the seals of the car. When you open the door a cup or two of water comes out.
The dealer has never seen anything like this. Appointment to drop the car off is tomorrow.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I wonder how the water is channeled away from the drain Perhaps the drain is stopped up and being allowed to migrate due to the fill.

·
Registered
892 Posts
This is very unusual, never heard it happening before. I agree, it sounds like the water is not being diverted away from the normal drain direction. Let us know what your results are.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just today I noticed a similar leak on my passport’s front passenger door. Handful of drops likely coming from the area where the door hinges are located. We’ll take to dealership to get a diagnosis and repair.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Parts that were replaced under warranty below:
73455-TG7-A20 - Glass Assy., L. R.
72771-TG7-A32 - Sash, L. RR.
73491-TG7-A12 - Seal, L. RR.

Did not fix the issue, but made it worse

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The water now drips from the top of the window. Was told they tested 2 times and did not get a leak. Guess they didn't.
Seems that the Passport has seal issues. Keep an eye out.
Back to the shop for the 3rd time for this issue...

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is not from the drain holes in the door. It is coming from behind the plastic cover inside the car. After it rains the water gets trapped in between the seals of the car. When you open the door a cup or two of water comes out.
The dealer has never seen anything like this. Appointment to drop the car off is tomorrow.
Have you looked to see if the door is flush with the body? If you look from back towards the left and right side you may notice that the rear passenger door sticks out slightly more than the driver's side. On my Passport the rear drivers side door sticks out a centimeter or two and is not flush with the rest of the vehicle (bad fit and finish), but the rear passenger side door is flush. I went back to the dealer to see if this was just mine, and I saw that this was the same on not one but two additional passports that was in the showroom (factory QC issue). I have a 2019 EXL. I also have two other issues with this vehicle that I will post. I know that your issue is on the passenger side, but may be a similar issue. It's worth checking if you have not already.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts