Honda Passport Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I really don’t see it as an issue. If I was I’d just pop the rear cover off and cover the ends with plastic wrap or something. Where it’s located at I don’t see an issue. That connection doesn’t have a water tight seal or gasket on it either. Take a flashlight and lay down and look where it’s at and you’ll see why I’m talking about. Anyway, if it worries one that much just don’t do it. For me, I couldn’t stand that beeping.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I really don’t see it as an issue. If I was I’d just pop the rear cover off and cover the ends with plastic wrap or something. Where it’s located at I don’t see an issue. That connection doesn’t have a water tight seal or gasket on it either. Take a flashlight and lay down and look where it’s at and you’ll see why I’m talking about. Anyway, if it worries one that much just don’t do it. For me, I couldn’t stand that beeping.
Matt, do you live in the snow belt? Did you ever hear of water spray or "salt fog"? Salt fog applies to coastal areas too. Here in the north our car washes have underbody sprays if you opt for it. I'm an automotive engineer and I deal with wiring.
Believe me if you wish. Do your own think if you want. I'm telling you this is a bad idea.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Matt, do you live in the snow belt? Did you ever hear of water spray or "salt fog"? Salt fog applies to coastal areas too. Here in the north our car washes have under body sprays if you opt for it. I'm an automotive engineer and I deal with wiring.
Believe me if you wish. Do your own think if you want. I'm telling you this is a bad idea. I've seen similar situations . That connector is also for the vehicles security system.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Matt, do you live in the snow belt? Did you ever hear of water spray or "salt fog"? Salt fog applies to coastal areas too. Here in the north our car washes have underbody sprays if you opt for it. I'm an automotive engineer and I deal with wiring.
Believe me if you wish. Do your own think if you want. I'm telling you this is a bad idea.
I live in the South and don’t have any experience with all that salt and what you guys deal with up north. When in the market for a used vehicle, the first sign I see it’s from up north, I instantly move on. But anyway, I appreciate you sharing your credentials and opinion on this but I am not interested in debating the topic. Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi MattyNice. I just want to thank you for this tip. Bought my Passport in Feb and have been equally annoyed with the loud beep and the walk away triple beep which drive me crazy. Just got under there and followed your guidance and managed to unplug it and worked like a charm! So much more zen especially when trying to be discreet. Lifesaver!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi MattyNice. I just want to thank you for this tip. Bought my Passport in Feb and have been equally annoyed with the loud beep and the walk away triple beep which drive me crazy. Just got under there and followed your guidance and managed to unplug it and worked like a charm! So much more zen especially when trying to be discreet. Lifesaver!
Nice! It’s a nasty little thing to get to and unclip. I actually plugged mine back in a few months later as I missed the chirp confirming the doors were locked more than the annoyance of the rear gate beeps. I’m mostly acclimated to the rear gate beeping now.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts