Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
No issues at all. It still does a quiet beep if you block it, which is good. But it doesn't do that loud squawk on opening and closing. If you crawl under and look up at the gap between bumper and car...you'll see the plug. I just unplugged it using needle nose pliers to reach in there, and a screwdriver to press the connector tab. Left the connector just hanging there. It could be re-connected if needed.
So by disconnecting it still beeps? Or only quietly beeps if you 'block it'?

·
Registered
37 Posts
It only beeps (quietly) if it hits something and reverses -- going up or down. The safety feature. On regular opening and closing...no sound.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No issues at all. It still does a quiet beep if you block it, which is good. But it doesn't do that loud squawk on opening and closing. If you crawl under and look up at the gap between bumper and car...you'll see the plug. I just unplugged it using needle nose pliers to reach in there, and a screwdriver to press the connector tab. Left the connector just hanging there. It could be re-connected if needed.
I am trying to do this also, I have a grip on the plug with pliers but can’t find where the tab is to release it,

·
Registered
37 Posts
If I recall correctly...The plug is behind...pulls away from you as you look at it. You need to push tab, then push plug away.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wouldn't mind the beeps if it were less loud and annoying. Ford vehicles have an almost soothing sound that's at an appropriate level. Honda was just being obnoxious when they installed the awful beep. Sometimes I walk away from my PP before the liftgate fully closes so I get to hear a series of beeps from the auto-lock feature. Apparently it's not smart enough to realize the liftgate is closing and in 3 more seconds would be fully closed so it fails to actually lock the vehicle. For as nice as the PP Elite is, Honda really made some stupid decisions (probably to save a few bucks).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
In fact if you have small hands or some patience you can reach the connector underneath the rear center behind the bumper and just unplug it
View attachment 4041
In fact if you have small hands or some patience you can reach the connector underneath the rear center behind the bumper and just unplug it
View attachment 4041
Just can‘t get this connector to unplug. does the tab on the connector need to be pushed toward or away from the connector to get it to release?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Attempted to do this on one of our PP's

The image below is rotated into the natural view of the plug as you look up with your head under rear bumper

I managed to get off a small spring loaded clip on one side but the flat hollow item on the opposite side just appears to be crushed and does not move even when pressed with a screwdriver -- is this the only thing holding it ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just did mine. Not sure if it clips on both sides or not. I believe I broke one side. Once I slipped a long flat head into the other and pulled on the wires themselves, it came right out with very little resistance. I tried to cover the connector with some plastic but I can’t get to it well enough. Just opened and closed the lift gate to nothing but the sound of the motor- priceless!

The part that released it for me was on the side of the plug towards the front of the car. If looking up while laying down with your head going toward the front of the vehicle.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Isn't this the beep thing for the key-less /lock security unlock? If you disable it, via the connector behind the bumper do you loose all audible notification for Lock / Unlock system security?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Isn't this the beep thing for the key-less /lock security unlock? If you disable it, via the connector behind the bumper do you loose all audible notification for Lock / Unlock system security?
Yes, unfortunately it does. I just realized this earlier and thought I had not completely shut my door. I love the audible confirmation but I hate the liftgate beeping worse. I mostly use the button on the handle anyway so not too big a deal. I was in and out the back today shopping and I can’t tell you how nice it was to not have all that obnoxious beeping.

·
Registered
323 Posts
We know where the connector is but if we knew where the beeper itself was located, we could wrap a piece of tape around it just to quiet it down a little.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The connector you’re removing is directly connected to the buzzer that’s emitting the beeping sound. Look at the original diagrams I posted. As far as removing it to wrap tape
Or something around it, you would most likely have to remove the rear bumper cover.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The connector you’re removing is directly connected to the buzzer that’s emitting the beeping sound. Look at the original diagrams I posted. As far as removing it to wrap tape
Or something around it, you would most likely have to remove the rear bumper cover.
Thanks, I just looked at the diagram you posted and see what you mean. :(

·
Registered
279 Posts
Removing a bumper cover is not nearly as intimidating as most people think. Generally, it’s a few bolts/clips/screws and it falls right off. Most people don’t realize the part you see is nothing more than a big molded piece of plastic. Anyway, I’m fine with not having the lock beeps as I cringed every time I had to open the back due to the noises. It’d be nice if someone figured out a way, an easy one, to keep the lock sounds but if not, it’s no sounds for me!

·
Registered
210 Posts
We know where the connector is but if we knew where the beeper itself was located, we could wrap a piece of tape around it just to quiet it down a little.
This is definitely what I would do...tape it and muffle it. I would NOT disconnect the connector no matter how much the beeping bothers me. If you do disconnect the harness, you better really make sure the break at the connector is water and salt proof. Last thing you want in a modern vehicle filled with electronics is saltwater intrusion in an electrical harness and connector. I think this is a really bad idea. I can foresee arcing and grounding issues (ghost issues) in the future doing such.

·
Registered
279 Posts
This is definitely what I would do...tape it and muffle it. I would NOT disconnect the connector no matter how much the beeping bothers me. If you do disconnect the harness, you better really make sure the break at the connector is water and salt proof. Last thing you want in a modern vehicle filled with electronics is saltwater intrusion in an electrical harness and connector. I think this is a really bad idea. I can foresee arcing and grounding issues (ghost issues) in the future doing such.
The connection sits at the very top of the reinforcement bar. The only way water is likely ever to get there is if you drive into water deep enough to reach it. At that point, you have bigger problems than that connector.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts