Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually have a 2019 Pilot but the Passport is very similar in many aspects. I think the Passport will be used "harder" than a family orientated Pilot and wonder if anyone has given any thought to any type of protection to keep the rear bumper from scratches? We are a retired couple and do a lot of driving vacations so always putting stuff into the rear cargo area also.

I have looked at the Honda bumper protectors, but many reviews say it is just a piece of plastic or nothing more than a piece of tape. It looks good in the pictures but not sure how well it holds up. We have a dog who jumps into and out of the rear of the vehicle when she rides with us. Her nails always land on the top of the bumper as she jumps in or out. Right now I put a thick blanket over the area, but really would like a permanent protector.

For my other car I found a generic piece of rubber which I glued onto the bumper and it has worked well. For the Pilot I want something that looks more factory or original than that.

·
461 Posts
I have the Honda Rear Bumper Appliqué and it has already done its job as I recently returned from Ireland and the spouses suitcase had all handles broken off (I made a bad shoe joke and got a tiny laugh when we were all stressed out because of the kids) anyways was worried about Delta taking it and didn’t think about the PP - we tried hard not to ding up the PP and sure enough it scraped a bit pulling it out and phew, it wiped right off / long story short, glad it was there cause when it was added I was like, meh... Not sure if ur looking for more coverage but it’s pretty cheap here.

https://www.bernardiparts.com/Products/Honda-Rear-Bumper-Applique-(Passport)__08P48-TGS-100.aspx

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
2,286 Posts
Depending on where you live - I have the Elite Clear Bra on my Passport. They are in OC, CA and applied the paint protection material to the front numbers, hood, side view mirrors, door cups and the flat piece on the tailgate.

·
Registered
154 Posts
although the following describes a polished STAINLESS STEEL bumper protector for the Honda Insight, I am surprised that one is not yet available, at least that I can find, for the 2019 Passport/Pilot. But I am sure there will be one available soon. They are very common for many SUVs.

Patience is the key. We have one on one of our other vehicles. Keep in touch with the website and/or your dealer.

https://www.accessories-honda.com/g...MI7P6K0M2s4gIViIbACh3ZVQ84EAQYAiABEgIR6_D_BwE

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen that the Odyssey has a chrome piece on the rear bumper also, may look into seeing if that could be retrofitted onto the Pilot. But I think that is actually screwed or riveted into the bumper? It is hard to believe that even since 2016 the same bumper on the Pilot hasn't had some type of good protector available.

Have had several cars with the clear bras installed by a detailer down in Dallas when we lived there. Pretty good product and may look into someone local here in the northeast Ohio area if I don't find anything else.

Supposedly the piece Honda sells is similar to a clear bra material. I see black for the 2019 Pilot but thought there was a clear one for earlier models also. I'll try and stop at the dealer next week sometime and see what it actually looks like or if he has any suggestions in the parts department.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Have the Honda rear bumper protector on my Accord, was on the CRV and is on the PP. It is thick and does a good job. Also have XPEL clear film on all the forward facing surfaces. The rear bumper protector is thicker than the XPEL. I'd get it.

Reactions: ls973800

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I will definitely take a look at one at the dealer's parts department next week.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, stopped at the dealer today to see the bumper protector # 08P48-TG7-101 for my 2019 Honda Pilot. It is black and it is basically a piece of film. The installation instructions I have found show that the edge of it can be bent down a bit to follow the curve of the bumper.

Not sure how well it will bend and stick but it sure looks easy in the video! I noticed the Passport has a different rear bumper with a "cutout" to put your hand into to release the hatch. This would not fit the Passport from what I saw.

Dealer wants $58.00 for it plus 7% tax for a total of 62.06 Right now I am going to pass on it and hopefully find something a bit more substantial and offering more coverage.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The PP version (Part# 08P48-TGS-100)
is clear and has 3 pieces, including one for the well in the middle. It can be installed using a 30/70 mix of rubbing alcohol/water mix.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The PP version (Part# 08P48-TGS-100)
is clear and has 3 pieces, including one for the well in the middle. It can be installed using a 30/70 mix of rubbing alcohol/water mix.
The one for the 2019 Pilot I looked at is black, which will cover a few scratches I have there already. I don't think a clear one would cover them up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought some protection film off Amazon and applied to all door sills, the black gloss by my gear selector and the rear bumper . I’ve also put it on all the doors by the handles. I never worked with that stuff before so it was first time. Really easy if you take your time and have to rights squeegee. Can’t even tell its there unless you look hard.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I bought some protection film off Amazon and applied to all door sills, the black gloss by my gear selector and the rear bumper . I’ve also put it on all the doors by the handles. I never worked with that stuff before so it was first time. Really easy if you take your time and have to rights squeegee. Can’t even tell its there unless you look hard.
Would you please post the link on Amazon? Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts