Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed a rattle when you have the windows down and go over a bump? Sounds like the heat shield on the exhaust or the exhaust itself or am I the only one noticing this? It’s very clear rattle. When I lay under it and hit the muffler and heat shield you can clearly hear it. Only noticeable when windows are down.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Good question!

I haven't driven around with the windows down yet but I'll have to make it a point to do that now.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The weather plans to be warmer this week, I'll roll down the glass and if I hear anything unusual I'll report back. Ken in PA.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Others have reported a similar noise that ultimately ended up being some part of the parking brake system, either the cable/motor or a bracket being loose. If you can't find anything obvious with a cursory investigation, then consider letting the dealer look at it. I would absolutely recommend you find an area near the dealer where you can reliably reproduce the noise because they will likely say they can't reproduce it. Let them know the place you were able to witness the noise and be prepared to do a ride-along if they can't make it happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts