Honda Passport Forum banner

Random function when playing from Honda hard drive?

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Cilles 
#1 ·
I uploaded several folders of MP3s (generally each folder is a particular artist/album) into the internal memory/drive. When I put it on "random" it seems to just play in a random order within the folder I'm in at the time. Is there a way to set it to play randomly across all folders/tracks?

#2 ·
I have my folders set up in a similar fashion. If I voice command it to play a certain artist, then random play across all folders does not work. Instead, on the display screen I manually select a song from one of the folders and then random play from all the folders works. It took a bit of experimenting to figure this out.

Reactions: P-A-N-D-A and KMC
#4 ·
The full manual available online had the answer: when you select random, it will randomly play within whatever category you happen to be in (artist, album, folder, song....). So if you start in the "song" category you'll get the random function across the whole library.

#5 ·
Yeah, that's it. Sorry I couldn't remember that in my previous post. Sometimes I verbally command it to play a certain artist/song, so that's a good reminder for me how to get it back to random play from all folders.

#7 ·
Look on the large display screen. If it has a selection for My Honda Music, it has the hard drive. Likely it's a solid state storage device.
As a new owner you can order a free copy of the full owners manual here: (scroll down to bottom of the page)

#9 ·
Be sure your flash drive containing the files is formated FAT32. If it is not and you have to re-format it you will lose all the files on it, so back it up first if you do need to re-format it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.