Honda Passport Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
929 Posts
it’s likely the wire harness. Had mine replaced and sounds have finally stopped
Do you have a Service Bulletin or any other documentation you can share? I spoke with Honda America (corporate) today and they claim to not be aware of the problem. I need something that I can bring to my dealer to show them what the issue is -- otherwise they won't do anything since they can't reproduce the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problems with my radio screen going off over and over again, also the odometer screen goes black at times as well. The first time I brought it to the dealership they said it was a loose amplifier cable. Received car back and that did not fix the problem. The second time they replaced the wiring harness and when I drove out of the parking lot it was skipping and going off and on yet again. I will be contacting them on Monday. This is totally unacceptable.
The Harnace was replaced on my vehicle and it seems to be working now!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just going to offer this idea. My previous vehicle, 2013 Pilot Touring developed a problem with the screen of the Nav/Entertainment System were the screen would go black with crazy white lines across it. Usually stopping the car, shutting it off and restarting it would clear the problem up, for a while. Documented it with photos and the dealer agreed that there was something wrong. Reached out to Honda did everything they suggested and still had the problem. The dealer reached out for a replacement and was turned down since the dealer could not replicate the issue.

Being a tech guy I asked the dealer to blow out the software completely and reinstall it. They were hesitant as Honda had not suggested doing so, but they agreed to try it. Took a couple of hours to do a clean install of the software but they did it. Never had the issue again.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
180 Posts
it’s likely the wire harness. Had mine replaced and sounds have finally stopped
I’d like to make a recommendation. It would be helpful if all members could put the year and trim level in their signature so that we know what year/trim level is having the issue. This should come in very handy for all. Maybe we can make this a sticky.

·
Registered
74 Posts
...Being a tech guy I asked the dealer to blow out the software completely and reinstall it. They were hesitant as Honda had not suggested doing so, but they agreed to try it. Took a couple of hours to do a clean install of the software but they did it. Never had the issue again.
And how does one do that, exactly?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Maybe related, maybe not.

This morning my daughter informed me of a new Ody recall - due to some of the audio wires potentially being crushed during installation,
To date this has not been a problem for me, but it may be pertinetnt to your many complaints complaints.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So this happened today. See pics.
All in the span of 10min. Went straight to the dealer. In a loaner. Fingers crossed they do something to fix it this time.
D5EFADB2-7FEB-415F-B495-1900FE623A88.jpeg F3982893-4DCF-4614-910A-6043F3FDEB06.jpeg FC79672C-086E-4D75-A11C-FBFB4A99F91B.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Heard from the dealer. They worked on it for several hours. Said Honda knows about it the issue. It’s happening on the PP, Pilot and Odyssey. They don’t have a definitive fix yet. Doing a factory reset and hope that keeps the problem away. Once Honda determines the fix, they’ll have me bring it back. Crappy answer but I guess they can’t just go replacing parts and guessing. Anyone else have better luck?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Heard from the dealer. They worked on it for several hours. Said Honda knows about it the issue. It’s happening on the PP, Pilot and Odyssey. They don’t have a definitive fix yet. Doing a factory reset and hope that keeps the problem away. Once Honda determines the fix, they’ll have me bring it back. Crappy answer but I guess they can’t just go replacing parts and guessing. Anyone else have better luck?
I asked the dealership if they knew about the widespread problem and they said no. So far they have replaced the wiring harness and they are going to replace the screen. It's in the shop for the 3rd time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, the dealership rerouted the amplifier wiring and so far it's been working fine. I've had the car back for 3-4 days. They did not replace the screens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My car is the Passport AWD Touring. So I was driving to a golf course and I had my iPhone plugged in. The apps that were running were the Apple Music app and Waze. All of a sudden i heard a pop and buzz sound over the speakers and from that point on no sound would play whatsoever. The music app would not work, the SiriusXM would not work and would display “tuner not found”. The fm/am would not play. No sound from any source would play. The unit display would work perfectly fine and was fully operational however, but would not shut off. So when I turned the car off and opened the drivers door the display was still on. I was very concerned about this running down my battery.
I had to take the car back to the dealer. They had to disconnect the battery to shut the display off. The dealer said they think that the non apple iPhone cord might have been the problem. So I went and bought a apple branded lighting cord and it worked good the rest of today.
This morning I struck out again, pulled up Waze and Apple Music and the same thing happened again. I took it back to the dealer and now they are saying they think a bug in Waze app is causing the issue. So starting now I won’t be using Waze. I hope it is the Waze app causing this issue.
My car is the Passport AWD Touring. So I was driving to a golf course and I had my iPhone plugged in. The apps that were running were the Apple Music app and Waze. All of a sudden i heard a pop and buzz sound over the speakers and from that point on no sound would play whatsoever. The music app would not work, the SiriusXM would not work and would display “tuner not found”. The fm/am would not play. No sound from any source would play. The unit display would work perfectly fine and was fully operational however, but would not shut off. So when I turned the car off and opened the drivers door the display was still on. I was very concerned about this running down my battery.
I had to take the car back to the dealer. They had to disconnect the battery to shut the display off. The dealer said they think that the non apple iPhone cord might have been the problem. So I went and bought a apple branded lighting cord and it worked good the rest of today.
This morning I struck out again, pulled up Waze and Apple Music and the same thing happened again. I took it back to the dealer and now they are saying they think a bug in Waze app is causing the issue. So starting now I won’t be using Waze. I hope it is the Waze app causing this issue.
This should be a bug on the head equipment of Honda, this generation of Waze isn't be recommended though. It made a huge amount of trouble. The latest version of Apple map is believed perfect running on the Honda.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts