Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yesterday on my way to work everything worked fine, then on way home the music wouldn’t play I got the “radio unavailable” error. I didn’t have iPhone plugged in and I don’t use Waze. When I got home I tried turning off PP to see if it would reset itself, but it didn’t and the screen would not turn off once door was opened either. Some settings like vehicle were unable saying car was in motion - I was parked in driveway in Park! Finally found online were other owners pulled the radio fuse so I found that and pulled and plugged it back in. For now it cleared up. I’ll drive today and see what happens. I live 2 hours from a dealer so not sure at this point it’s worth drive. I was looking online and Pilot owners are having same issues! Ugh!
Can you please tell us where the fuse is located?

·
Registered
421 Posts
You don't need to remove the fuse; just plug in a keyboard and reset the system with Control-Alt-Delete.
Are you serious? Plug in a keyboard to the USB port in the dash? Really?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I posted this in November on the Infotainment System Caput discussion.

You can add me to the list as well; the infotainment system stopped working on my way to work and would not turn off. It kept giving me a vehicle in motion error and would not let me reset it. Luckily, I was able to plug in my keyboard and reset the system with Control-Alt-Delete. I took it to the dealership afterward, and of course, they weren't able to find anything wrong. :mad::mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a 2019 Passport Elite AWD on Black Friday, 2019. On December 26th, 2019, it went into the service department at my local dealer with static/popping coming from the speakers (as of today, Jan 13th, 2020, they still have it). When the audio is on, the sound cuts out when the static/popping comes thru. With the audio off I just get the static/popping noise. I had an error come up stating that "No Radio Source Was Connected" and I had no audio at all when this happened. When I received this error the screen locked up. I don't (have not) used Apple CarPlay at all. The dealership has released the car back to me twice stating that it was fixed but the problem returned within a couple miles of leaving the dealership so returned right away. The first time they told me that it was a loose connector. The second time was after replacing the main wiring harness for the interior of the car. Technically, this is the 3rd time they have had the vehicle trying to fix the same issue. I am seriously considering invoking the "Lemon Law" and get another vehicle.
Update: I returned the pp to the dealership on January 23rd, the 4th time for the same issue, 23 hours after they gave it back to me. I have 9 different videos of the issue in that 23 hour time period. The issue is getting worst, it's happening more frequently, for longer time and I am loosing functions on the touch screen and the steering wheel. The dealership has had my pp for 38 days now. They called me yesterday and said they think its the amplifier. The part will be in next week and then they want to keep it a while longer for testing after they replace the part. I'll keep you posted.

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
WoW Todd, you can't be a happy with all of this, and hopefully what they "think" is the issue will solve your problem once and for all, so you can finally get that "joy of ownership" that so many of us have!

We bought my wife a Toyota Venza, the first year it came out (2009) and we had these weird brake-failure issues, took it to the dealer and they could not reproduce it and "thought" they (might have) fixed it. The next time it happened, I was driving and blew through a red light - which was super scary, although no cars had entered the intersection yet. Took it back again, and the had people from Toyota USA (Torrance, Ca.) as well as people from Toyota Japan looking at it and with the California Lemon Law (3 of the same failure - unable to be fixed by the dealer) hanging over their heads, they replaced the ENTIRE Brake system! Now I was never told if they actually knew what was wrong, but the bottom line was, it was fixed and we drove that Venza for another 4+ years without ANY problems!

So, here is hoping that once they finally figure out what to replace on your PP, you'll have many carefree driving years...

Cheers!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Can you please tell us where the fuse is located?
Under the hood on the passenger side is the fuse box. When you take off the lid there is a diagram to show which one is for the radio. There are also the "tweezers" to pull the plugs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Honda released this bulletin in Jan advising dealers not to replace hardware. They are working on a software fix that will be sent out via OTA. Mean time they recommend battery terminal disconnect or pull a fuse to reboot. For a simpler temporary fix, try the USB keyboard (CTRL, ALT, DELETE) trick to reboot.
Say what? A USB keyboard??? Not sure if this is real or a joke?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problems with my radio screen going off over and over again, also the odometer screen goes black at times as well. The first time I brought it to the dealership they said it was a loose amplifier cable. Received car back and that did not fix the problem. The second time they replaced the wiring harness and when I drove out of the parking lot it was skipping and going off and on yet again. I will be contacting them on Monday. This is totally unacceptable.

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
I have the same problems with my radio screen going off over and over again, also the odometer screen goes black at times as well. The first time I brought it to the dealership they said it was a loose amplifier cable. Received car back and that did not fix the problem. The second time they replaced the wiring harness and when I drove out of the parking lot it was skipping and going off and on yet again. I will be contacting them on Monday. This is totally unacceptable.

Hello Stacy and welcome to the Forum, so sorry your first post here has to be under these circumstances, it seems like the Dealers are clueless on a lot of the Passport problems and it does not appear that Honda Corp is aware of them either! It's probably just one little thing (that is defective), however finding it is often like the proverbial "needle in a haystack"..

Stick with pushing the dealer to handle it and once fixed you will be able to fully enjoy your vehicle like many other Passport owners here...

Cheers!

·
Registered
74 Posts
My harnace was replaced. Dealer kept my vehicle for two weeks. Hopefully, this solves the issue.
Yikes two weeks!!?!?!?!?!

What disturbs me most about any of these wiring issues is that no doubt the dash has to be completely torn-apart. They never go back-together again perfectly!!!

:oops:

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car is the Passport AWD Touring. So I was driving to a golf course and I had my iPhone plugged in. The apps that were running were the Apple Music app and Waze. All of a sudden i heard a pop and buzz sound over the speakers and from that point on no sound would play whatsoever. The music app would not work, the SiriusXM would not work and would display “tuner not found”. The fm/am would not play. No sound from any source would play. The unit display would work perfectly fine and was fully operational however, but would not shut off. So when I turned the car off and opened the drivers door the display was still on. I was very concerned about this running down my battery.
I had to take the car back to the dealer. They had to disconnect the battery to shut the display off. The dealer said they think that the non apple iPhone cord might have been the problem. So I went and bought a apple branded lighting cord and it worked good the rest of today.
This morning I struck out again, pulled up Waze and Apple Music and the same thing happened again. I took it back to the dealer and now they are saying they think a bug in Waze app is causing the issue. So starting now I won’t be using Waze. I hope it is the Waze app causing this issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update: I returned the pp to the dealership on January 23rd, the 4th time for the same issue, 23 hours after they gave it back to me. I have 9 different videos of the issue in that 23 hour time period. The issue is getting worst, it's happening more frequently, for longer time and I am loosing functions on the touch screen and the steering wheel. The dealership has had my pp for 38 days now. They called me yesterday and said they think its the amplifier. The part will be in next week and then they want to keep it a while longer for testing after they replace the part. I'll keep you posted.
it’s likely the wire harness. Had mine replaced and sounds have finally stopped

21 - 40 of 58 Posts