Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is the Passport AWD Touring. So I was driving to a golf course and I had my iPhone plugged in. The apps that were running were the Apple Music app and Waze. All of a sudden i heard a pop and buzz sound over the speakers and from that point on no sound would play whatsoever. The music app would not work, the SiriusXM would not work and would display “tuner not found”. The fm/am would not play. No sound from any source would play. The unit display would work perfectly fine and was fully operational however, but would not shut off. So when I turned the car off and opened the drivers door the display was still on. I was very concerned about this running down my battery.
I had to take the car back to the dealer. They had to disconnect the battery to shut the display off. The dealer said they think that the non apple iPhone cord might have been the problem. So I went and bought a apple branded lighting cord and it worked good the rest of today.
This morning I struck out again, pulled up Waze and Apple Music and the same thing happened again. I took it back to the dealer and now they are saying they think a bug in Waze app is causing the issue. So starting now I won’t be using Waze. I hope it is the Waze app causing this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here just happened for the second time. Using the same tools. However my anti collision warning “brake” came up when this occurred. Sounds like a Honda problem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I also have a Touring and I have had issues with the volume skipping. It sounds like in the OLD days when a record skipped. This morning I also had a crackling noise on all channels. It did go away on my way home from coffee shop. Not very happy with the sound system. I purchased mine in mid May and it nows has 4300 miles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My car is the Passport AWD Touring. So I was driving to a golf course and I had my iPhone plugged in. The apps that were running were the Apple Music app and Waze. All of a sudden i heard a pop and buzz sound over the speakers and from that point on no sound would play whatsoever. The music app would not work, the SiriusXM would not work and would display “tuner not found”. The fm/am would not play. No sound from any source would play. The unit display would work perfectly fine and was fully operational however, but would not shut off. So when I turned the car off and opened the drivers door the display was still on. I was very concerned about this running down my battery.
I had to take the car back to the dealer. They had to disconnect the battery to shut the display off. The dealer said they think that the non apple iPhone cord might have been the problem. So I went and bought a apple branded lighting cord and it worked good the rest of today.
This morning I struck out again, pulled up Waze and Apple Music and the same thing happened again. I took it back to the dealer and now they are saying they think a bug in Waze app is causing the issue. So starting now I won’t be using Waze. I hope it is the Waze app causing this issue.
Yesterday on my way to work everything worked fine, then on way home the music wouldn’t play I got the “radio unavailable” error. I didn’t have iPhone plugged in and I don’t use Waze. When I got home I tried turning off PP to see if it would reset itself, but it didn’t and the screen would not turn off once door was opened either. Some settings like vehicle were unable saying car was in motion - I was parked in driveway in Park! Finally found online were other owners pulled the radio fuse so I found that and pulled and plugged it back in. For now it cleared up. I’ll drive today and see what happens. I live 2 hours from a dealer so not sure at this point it’s worth drive. I was looking online and Pilot owners are having same issues! Ugh!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am having the exact same issue on my 2019 passport. Found this posting and try pulling the fuse and putting it back in but that did not reset the system. I did verify that the screen did go dark with the fuser's pulled, but when I put the fuse back in it was back to the same state, also tried doing the control ALT delete from a USB keyboard, that did nothing. Any other suggestions? Very frustrating to have a brand new car only two weeks and this type of thing happens, so much for Honda reliability.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Other posts mention disconnecting the battery. I wouldn’t attempt that myself, but others know a lot more than me. 😬 Can you just leave the fuse out til you can get to dealer? I’m not sure what else goes off that fuse - may not have back up camera...

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had times in my ‘18 Si where when using pandora the screen would go black when putting in reverse and other times where it would freeze. If you held the power and volume button down for about 5 secs it would cause the system to reset and then everything was fine. Not sure if that works on the PP or not. I believe these screens are nothing more than an Android tablet and have the same problems as one. Should be a way to reset it like a tablet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I, also purchased my Passport in April and I'm having same issues with the radio. It freezes and won't work for awhile until I turn off the car and restart again. I have been to the dealer several times and their reply is that it's either the apple charger or the software. Oviously, there is an issue with the radio system navigation? Frustrated!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Resetting your phone will help too. I haven’t had this type of problem in the PP yet, but did in the Si and resetting would help. Pandora did always screw up the rear view camera though.

does anyone know how to reset the system w/o turning the car off?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Everyone should contact the American Honda Corporate offfice at 1800-999-1009. My dealer is not helping me with the situation so my last resort is to contact Corporate.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If have had similar issues & many others with my 19 Passport. After at least 6 trips to the service department I have been informed that this is the same issues as with the Odyssey & Pilot. Said it is a software issue to which they currently do not know how to fix. They are no longer able to perform work on it bc it will not be warranted. Will have to wait until they have a fix for it & then there will be a recall. Not happy at all. I’ve lost confidence in the vehicle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
After they replace the system it was good for about two weeks and then the same thing happened again I have lost all confidence in honda to fix this or anything else about the passport. Talk about buyers remorse. Make it worse my dealership is probably rain the worst in the country.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a 2019 Passport Elite AWD on Black Friday, 2019. On December 26th, 2019, it went into the service department at my local dealer with static/popping coming from the speakers (as of today, Jan 13th, 2020, they still have it). When the audio is on, the sound cuts out when the static/popping comes thru. With the audio off I just get the static/popping noise. I had an error come up stating that "No Radio Source Was Connected" and I had no audio at all when this happened. When I received this error the screen locked up. I don't (have not) used Apple CarPlay at all. The dealership has released the car back to me twice stating that it was fixed but the problem returned within a couple miles of leaving the dealership so returned right away. The first time they told me that it was a loose connector. The second time was after replacing the main wiring harness for the interior of the car. Technically, this is the 3rd time they have had the vehicle trying to fix the same issue. I am seriously considering invoking the "Lemon Law" and get another vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I, also purchased my Passport in April and I'm having same issues with the radio. It freezes and won't work for awhile until I turn off the car and restart again. I have been to the dealer several times and their reply is that it's either the apple charger or the software. Oviously, there is an issue with the radio system navigation? Frustrated!!!
Took car back to the dealer again and they replaced the guage. Well, two weeks later the same issues. Now the radio panel turns completely black and so does the panel where the odometer is reading. This is a hazard while driving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased a 2019 Passport Elite AWD on Black Friday, 2019. On December 26th, 2019, it went into the service department at my local dealer with static/popping coming from the speakers (as of today, Jan 13th, 2020, they still have it). When the audio is on, the sound cuts out when the static/popping comes thru. With the audio off I just get the static/popping noise. I had an error come up stating that "No Radio Source Was Connected" and I had no audio at all when this happened. When I received this error the screen locked up. I don't (have not) used Apple CarPlay at all. The dealership has released the car back to me twice stating that it was fixed but the problem returned within a couple miles of leaving the dealership so returned right away. The first time they told me that it was a loose connector. The second time was after replacing the main wiring harness for the interior of the car. Technically, this is the 3rd time they have had the vehicle trying to fix the same issue. I am seriously considering invoking the "Lemon Law" and get another vehicle.
I am having the same issue with the crackling and cutting out. It’s been to the dealer once. They have no idea. They contacted Honda technical support but haven’t heard back yet. So frustrating

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am having the same issue with the crackling and cutting out. It’s been to the dealer once. They have no idea. They contacted Honda technical support but haven’t heard back yet. So frustrating
Same here, exactly the same issue. Three times back to dealer and they keeping saying different things are wrong. I, definetely think it's a LEMON

1 - 20 of 58 Posts