Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
801 Posts
Steve,

The poll says that it’s not open for further replies.

For those that would like to use the poll, it’s off the main page under Honda Passport Problems and Complaints. It’s the first item in the list.

Here’s the link to the poll:

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Steve,

The poll says that it’s not open for further replies.

For those that would like to use the poll, it’s off the main page under Honda Passport Problems and Complaints. It’s the first item in the list.

Here’s the link to the poll:

That was my first Poll, I locked it thinking I was prevent comments, but I guess it prevented voting as well...LOL

I unlocked it, so lets see if it works now

thanks!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had this issue once within a few days of getting my PP. Fast forward 5 months and it’s happened twice in the past few weeks. One time was so bad I shut it off at a red light and restarted. I’ve only got 3700 miles so I don’t drive enough to know whether it’s hit or miss or will become problematic. I’m only referring to the crackling. It’s weird because even with the infotainment system turn led off, you still hear the crackles.

I won’t bother taking it in unless it becomes a more consistent issue.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I had this issue once within a few days of getting my PP. Fast forward 5 months and it’s happened twice in the past few weeks. One time was so bad I shut it off at a red light and restarted. I’ve only got 3700 miles so I don’t drive enough to know whether it’s hit or miss or will become problematic. I’m only referring to the crackling. It’s weird because even with the infotainment system turn led off, you still hear the crackles.

I won’t bother taking it in unless it becomes a more consistent issue.
Be sure to take a video and pics while the problem occurs so you have evidence to back up your claim at the dealer. If it happens once, it will happen again.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Be sure to take a video and pics while the problem occurs so you have evidence to back up your claim at the dealer. If it happens once, it will happen again.
3 times in 5 months now. Until it happens consistently and becomes irritating, I won’t mess with it as Honda owns this vehicle, not me. I have no doubt it will continue. It’s just how often.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
3 times in 5 months now. Until it happens consistently and becomes irritating, I won’t mess with it as Honda owns this vehicle, not me. I have no doubt it will continue. It’s just how often.
That’s enough for me to get pissed!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine does the popping/clicking sound from time to time. Also sounds like the music is skipping..remember records...same thing. This should be covered under warranty, correct?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes, should be. Appears some of us have it intermittently and only the cracking while others have full blown entertainment and instrument cluster failures. I’ve had it happen 3 times in 5 months and two of them in past few weeks. Time will tell if the frequency it occurs increases or not.

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Mine does the popping/clicking sound from time to time. Also sounds like the music is skipping..remember records...same thing. This should be covered under warranty, correct?

Yes, it should be and don't let your tell tell you they have never heard of it or need to keep your car for a week to try and reproduce it - there are plenty of Service Bulletins about this very issue out there.

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
I will be if it starts happening a lot and requires me to take it to the dealer. If it remains a here and there thing, I honestly don’t care much.
But, if its a pinched wire or loose connection, it's not gonna heal itself and better to get it fixed now as opposed to after the warranty has expired and it's a thousand dollar job (now that would be a waste of money...lol)!

Cheers

·
Registered
279 Posts
But, if its a pinched wire or loose connection, it's not gonna heal itself and better to get it fixed now as opposed to after the warranty has expired and it's a thousand dollar job (now that would be a waste of money...lol)!

Cheers
I about fell out my chair I just laughed so hard...

Mine is leased so outside of a couple oil changes and gas, no other cost for me. That’s why I really will be pissed if I have to take it in. I wonder if the Ridgeline has the same problems as that may be my next vehicle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine had the full entertainment system failure as well as the odometer and was in the shop 5 times. The last time the battery started to be affected, showing low battery constantly. I am sure it was due to some type of short in the wiring harness. They replaced the front wiring harness to no effect then rerouted to no effect, finally they replaced the entire floor wiring harness and I've had the Passport back for almost two weeks without any issues. Hopefully it's fixed permanently. These problems started at around 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bringing mine in this Saturday for the cracking, clicking issue. I will post what happens. As long as I'm covered under warranty, fine. Fix it.
Update ....the dealer cancelled my appointment due to the outbreak and reduced staffing. I will have to take a day during the week and leave it there. The service manger told they have gotten quite a lot of these same complaints about the radios snap crackle and popping.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It was and I showed it to them first thing! The service manager knew of the issue and mentioned several bulletins on the subject. They will replace the wiring harness and the "should" do it.
if not, it comes back for a engineering tech to go through all the bulletins. I should have an update by the end of the day!

·
Registered
16 Posts
So far so good with the infotainment system. No cracking or popping at all. I was told the wiring harness was installed in a way that would make the connection crimp and damage the wiring. I will monitor and let the dealer know of any further issues. Like many folks on here noted, Honda is very aware of this issue going on!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 EXL - I had the same skipping radio and crackling noises. First service visit I was told bad amplifier. I brought the car back when the amplifier came in. After the repair, dealer pulled the car around and the radio was skipping when I sat in the car! I was told the system had to be reset - they reset the system and I went on my way. Then a couple weeks later, same issue started again. I took the the car to the dealer multiple times - they could not duplicate the problem. I even showed the dealer videos I had of the Passport's skipping radio and the crackling noises still nothing they could do. In addition, I put a case in with Honda corporate - they told me that there was nothing Honda could do if the dealer could not duplicate the problem - even though I had videos. I was persistent taking the car back over and over - then I started a lemon law case. While the case was progressing behind the scenes, I had the car back again and dealer told me they knew what the problem was and that this a harness issue. The car had to be pulled apart front to back and a new main harness installed. Dealer had the car for a week and gave me a rental. Picked up the car and the passenger seat was loose - never tightened! Just another visit. The car was good for two months and just started having the problem again. Anyway Honda is taking the car back next week and I am being refunded all of my money with the lemon law. All this being said I am a big Honda fan - I own 2 Odysseys 2005, 2014. Its sad because I really do like the car.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts