Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2019 exl msm
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank god I found this forum. Thought I was going nuts. Radio stations and Sirius skip like an old record . Each time I head to the dealer, by the time I get there I can’t duplicate it. Car had 1100 miles on it . I have been hitting the top of the dash each time it happens and that stops it till the next time. How can there not be a fix for this??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue with me just started last week. 3500 miles on car. I notice it starts when I have my iPhone plugged in and using Apple play. Hoping to find answer here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had similiar problem . Radio would crackle, cut out. Had pp in dealer for times. They finally replaced the mike, amp/tuner assembly. That was a week ago. No problems since work was done under warranty. Dealer got me a 2 day rental.

·
Registered
2019 exl msm
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just back from Honda dealer . Have appt for Monday. They tell me they have isolated the problem to one wire in the harness and know how to fix it . They’ve done two this week and results look good.

·
Registered
2019 exl msm
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I was supposed to bring my pp in Monday and got a call today. Honda telling me the pp That they fixed is now worse. They say I’ll get a call when they solve the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Suggest to them to try replacing the mike and amplifier/tuner assembly. Mines been good for a week now. I drive it every day.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
797 Posts
Thank god I found this forum. Thought I was going nuts. Radio stations and Sirius skip like an old record . Each time I head to the dealer, by the time I get there I can’t duplicate it. Car had 1100 miles on it . I have been hitting the top of the dash each time it happens and that stops it till the next time. How can there not be a fix for this??
Which year and model/trim level?

·
Registered
2019 exl msm
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had my passport in for the crackling sound and the skipping on any channel. They had it for two days. Gave me a loaner. They rerouted the harness. Reinstalled radio and cracked the display. They put in a new one and over a week now with no problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My new tuner/amp and mike was replaced .
No problems for a couple weeks now
Mike... referring to microphone?

Want to confirm so i can call dealership to discuss and make appt for my 19 exl.
Been holding out on taking it in until we have more confirmed reports of what possibly fixes the issue.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Hey you guys with issues, could you please "vote" in the POLL thread, I think it will be interesting to look for TRENDS...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts