Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a 2016 Pilot Elite and it had a tire monitoring system too. With this system it the Pilot horn would beep when the correct pressure applied to the tire when filling, and if it fill too full of air, would make 2 beeps at a time .
Will the Passport Elite have the same air pressure assistent?

·
Registered
26 Posts
According to the press kit
Will the Passport Elite have the same air pressure assistent?
According to the press kit, yes, for all models (even Sport). I had something similar on a Nissan rental car that I had to fill the tires on in -20F temperatures and howling winds, and it is incredibly practical:

Tire Fill Assist
Passport's Tire Fill Assist works with TPMS to help the driver achieve the correct tire pressures quickly and easily. It does so by providing an audible chirp and flashing the parking lights when the correct air pressure is reached for any tire being filled.

For details, search for "Tire Fill Assist" on https://hondanews.com/honda-automobiles/channels/passport-press-kit/releases/2019-honda-passport-press-kit

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So cool, Thanks..

·
Super Moderator
876 Posts
I was playing around with this last night. Seems the beeping and flashing does work if using a "pro" air compressor (like at a tire store) but doesn't work when using a home type of air compressor.

On a similar topic, should we be adding air when the tires are still cold (not yet driven) or when they're warm/hot (after driving a while). I'm trying to get the tires to exactly 37 psi as recommended on the label... but by the time the reading on the dashboard "settles" I'm either over 37 or under 37, every darn time. Kinda frustrating. :(

·
Registered
311 Posts
On a similar topic, should we be adding air when the tires are still cold (not yet driven) or when they're warm/hot (after driving a while). I'm trying to get the tires to exactly 37 psi as recommended on the label... but by the time the reading on the dashboard "settles" I'm either over 37 or under 37, every darn time. Kinda frustrating. :(
Check and set tire pressures when cold. Adjust the tire pressure 1/2 psi over pressure and wait 30 seconds to allow the tire to equalize. Then, adjust to the final pressure.

·
Super Moderator
876 Posts
Check and set tire pressures when cold.
This is kinda makin' me crazy. If I adjust the pressure to the recommended 37 psi when the tires are cold, they're a good 3 to 4 psi over 37 after driving for a while (40 or 41 psi). So I'm confused.... should they be at the recommended 37 only when cold, then display 40 or 41 the majority of the time we're driving? Or should they be at the recommended 37 the majority of the time we're driving?

Do you guys know what I mean?? :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
This is kinda makin' me crazy. If I adjust the pressure to the recommended 37 psi when the tires are cold, they're a good 3 to 4 psi over 37 after driving for a while (40 or 41 psi). So I'm confused.... should they be at the recommended 37 only when cold, then display 40 or 41 the majority of the time we're driving? Or should they be at the recommended 37 the majority of the time we're driving?

Do you guys know what I mean?? :)
They should be 37 psi when cold. Once driving, the tires will heat up and the pressure will go up. Check and fill when cold.

1555069887106.png

1 - 10 of 10 Posts