Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a fee to use Honda Link? I've been reading about it in the manual but haven't completely figured it out. Any and all advice appreciated.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Is there a fee to use Honda Link? I've been reading about it in the manual but haven't completely figured it out. Any and all advice appreciated.
How to Set Up HondaLink Connect
Connecting to the HondaLink App can be done in 5 simple steps.
  1. Download HondaLink to your phone
  2. Open the app and choose “Settings”
  3. Select “Manage Vehicles”
  4. Hit “Add Vehicle”
  5. Input the VIN number

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link. Sounds like it would be worthwhile to use the free trial. But I agree, I wouldn't pay after free trial expires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Honda Link could be so useful if its Remote Start feature was working with the Passport and I would be glad to pay for the subscription. Without it, it is almost completely useless (what a waste) and I will not subscribe.

·
461 Posts
Idk Marc, it’s so helpful to have ur tire psi info ?/I’m thinking u have the same as it’s the dumbest info evah ? ??/agree, without a remote start option I’m going to NOT renew this after the trial ends

·
Registered
338 Posts
Idk Marc, it’s so helpful to have ur tire psi info ?/I’m thinking u have the same as it’s the dumbest info evah ? ??/agree, without a remote start option I’m going to NOT renew this after the trial ends
I have to admit coming from an 03 Element with no TPM system, I like to know my PSI level. Also like the send notification to navigation instead of typing on screen. Sorry I posted before I finished my thought. Got side tracked while watching the madnesses. My little bulldogs are doing well!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Also like the send notification to navigation instead of typing on screen.
I like this also, but I have had two issues:

1. I was trying to add a few places I'm going to visit on an upcoming trip. When sending more than one place, only the last destination shows up.

2. I have tried to save the destination in the car, but nothing happens when I click save (it doesn't show up in saved places.) I have to start and cancel navigation for the destination and then go to recents and save from there.

Please point out the error of my ways...

·
461 Posts

1. I was trying to add a few places I'm going to visit on an upcoming trip. When sending more than one place, only the last destination shows up.

2. I have tried to save the destination in the car, but nothing happens when I click save (it doesn't show up in saved places.) I have to start and cancel navigation for the destination and then go to recents and save from there.

I’ve never done this and going to try and will watch this thread - would have come in handy today

·
Registered
338 Posts

Here you go..
Make sure you clicked sent from app

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here you go..
Make sure you clicked sent from app
OK, this is what I'm doing but when you click save on the last step, where does it go?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Should be to your saved destinations on navigation system.
"Should be" but isn't for me ... Have you tried it?

·
Registered
338 Posts
"Should be" but isn't for me ... Have you tried it?
Yes. Here is what looks like on navigation system once sent and you turn on the car. Next screen click save . Then your route populates on next screen. Not sure where your info is getting lost.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes. Here is what looks like on navigation system once sent and you turn on the car. Next screen click save . Then your route populates on next screen. Not sure where your info is getting lost.
So when you click "save" on the last screen, what happens? I click save to add it to my saved destinations, but after doing that I look in "Saved" and its not there. It shows in recents but not "Saved". If I go into recents and access the destination, I can save it from there.

·
Registered
338 Posts
So when you click "save" on the last screen, what happens? I click save to add it to my saved destinations, but after doing that I look in "Saved" and its not there. It shows in recents but not "Saved"
Mine populates and I click and then drive to my destination. Not sure why yours does not populate in saved. Maybe your wife blocked that destination...Funny!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mine populates and I click and then drive to my destination. Not sure why yours does not populate in saved. Maybe your wife blocked that destination...Funny!
So what I am trying to do is send a destination to the car and then save it, not drive to it. If you send a destination to the car and then drive to it are you sure it populates in "Saved" (the icon on your 2nd image)? It will show under "Recents", but not "Saved"

You actually have to click on a button that says "save" for that to happen. The save button (on your 3rd image) that shows up after sending the destination to the phone does not appear to work.

Reactions: gregc
1 - 20 of 45 Posts