Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a 2020 Passport ..... But something came up ..
I noticed on line a class action suit against Honda for defective infotainment systems in both the Odyssey and the Pilot .....
It set up drops in Relability particularly for the Odyssey...
Since none of us would want to go down that road ....
I was wondering if that same screen and system is ALSO used in the Passport ???
Anyone having their electronics winking out .... Not only the screens but the dash screens as well ....!!! Dangerous stuff ....!?!??
Thanks....!

·
Registered
591 Posts
There have been some issues with the infotainment system on the Passport. Do a search on this forum to find out more. Remember though people come to these forums to complain about, or to find answers to problems they have with their vehicle. Few people come to these forums just to say "everything's great".

I owned mine since March and have had no problems with the infotainment system.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a problem with mine a few weeks ago. The infotainment system completely locked up (no radio, no backup camera, etc) but worse than that it would not power down when the vehicle was turned off. The battery had to be disconnected and reconnected (which is a pain in the a$$ to get to) which gave it a reboot and solved the problem for now.

·
Registered
923 Posts
No problems with my Elite Lunar Silver PP. I have 6,700 miles on it since the April purchase and am fully enjoying it. Ken in PA

·
Registered
104 Posts
I haven't had any problems with the 2019 Elite's Infotainment system (except for the initial setup with Android Auto.... didn't work properly until I disabled USB debugging from the developer options on my phone(s) menu.... not documented anywhere as far as I can tell and Honda tech suppt never mentioned anything other than factory resetting the system-- which did nothing except nuke all of my preferences, sigh). I have about 2500 miles on it so hopefully I'm not jinxing myself.

The only thing I really dislike about it is the ridiculously annoying disclaimer that appears EVERY single time I start the PP to tell me to drive responsibly blah blah blah. Who the heck does Honda think they are to tell me such things?!?! Don't know how I've survived driving the prior 30 years without that disclaimer so thanks Honda for the excessive nagging and saving millions of lives. I for one am not a lemming so just to be spiteful I make sure I text and drive while doing shots of Jagermeister 24x7.

^^^^ totally kidding about that... I hate Jager.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking at purchasing a 2020 Passport ..... But something came up ..
I noticed on line a class action suit against Honda for defective infotainment systems in both the Odyssey and the Pilot .....
It set up drops in Relability particularly for the Odyssey...
Since none of us would want to go down that road ....
I was wondering if that same screen and system is ALSO used in the Passport ???
Anyone having their electronics winking out .... Not only the screens but the dash screens as well ....!!! Dangerous stuff ....!?!??
Thanks....!
Yes. This just happened to me. When I turned the car off and restarted it, the problem was resolved.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I’ve been here a few months and I’m not sure this is the board to ask on. Seems this board attracts people with problems and complaints like moths to a light. There are some issues but generally, I think it’s fine. A handful with major issues (we all know the squeaky wheel takes all the light from the clean spinning ones) but I’d say most with Apple car play and specifically, the waze app. Don’t dare ask about the sensing package. lol

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,163 Posts
I have two of those models (Ody and a PP), both are completely problem free; of course that may change one day.
2020 Ody now over 10K, 2019 PP now over 8K miles.
YMMV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts